cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin not honouring contract price

Andiowen
Joining in

My contract was up at the end of September , so I changed my package to 250 meg broadband , tv (inc TNT Sports) & weekend calls for £82 (£133 before discount). I did this at the start of the month and now I’ve been sent another contract with a higher price which I didn’t choose. After speaking to customer support I’ve been told i have to pay more as TNT sports is now not included in the package and are refusing to honour the first contract they sent me! Anyone else had this?

6 REPLIES 6

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Andiowen 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. Sorry to hear you are having issues with your current package and TNT sports. To best look into this issue, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sdavlaws
Tuning in

I have seen something similar, called in the middle of August about upgrade from internet only to ultimate Volt, explicitly asked for ultimate volt went all the way through the process agreed a price of £72.50

so got the contact emails through and asked about my current volt sim updates to the one included in the ultimate volt package as it wasn’t mentioned on the contract documents. “This is for your Virgin Media service only” was the response, after pointing out the ultimate volt was the product I asked for which includes the sim I got a few sorry type responses so I told them it’s not was I asked for roll it back to my broadband only. 

sadly it was still the best price I could get so called up after the first of September to try and get something similar only to be hit by the same massive price increase they seam to be trying to hit you with, quoting £120-£130 for an equivalent product they where quoting under £72.50 for before.

Hi @Sdavlaws,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you had a similar experience with a package change. We can understand the frustration caused. We will take your feedback onboard and pass it on to the relevant team for quality training and improvement. 

If you are still interested in a new package, you can find great deals here https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals You can also reach our team at 0345 454 1111 who can best advise on package deals and discounts.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi Akua, I would like VM to honour that original deal, the details of which (contract no. Etc.) are listed in complaint No. C-070923965. Otherwise it’s not even worth considering VM compared to the offer sky has made.

Hi @Akua_A I have raised a complaint with all in information about my situation and how I would like it resolving. If you need the complaint number please message me

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your current package and how the negotiation for your new package went with our team. Here on forums, we are unable to discuss package deals and discounts for renegotiation. If you are still looking to discuss similar packages to the one offered by the team, we would advise calling them on 0345 454 1111 or reaching them on Whatsapp +447305 327 112. Our team will do their best to find a package best suited to your needs.

In regard to your complaint, our team will aim to get back to you as soon as possible with a resolution. You can check here for any updates https://virg.in/mycases

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team