cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media still charging me despite cancellation

Anonymous
Not applicable

I inherited a contract from a previous tenant in my flat, which I paid for a year. 

On 6 September, I called to cancel the contract as it ended 11 October, giving over 30 days of notice, and was told it was done. I asked if I would receive email confirmation, they said yes, I never did. 

The previous tenant then received a call, and called back on 10th September, to confirm, and was told that everything was all set, there was no need to do anything, and the contract had already been cancelled. I cancelled my direct debit as a safety precaution. 

So tell me why I received a £54.25 bill on the 3rd of October, for the 11th October - 10th November period , when the line has been cancelled? 

I called back the day I received the bill, but as I wasn't the person who set up the account before I even moved into the flat they didn't let me go through.  

I told the phone operator I will not be paying this bill as I had done what was legally required to end the contract, we've unplugged all virgin devices and now have a new internet provider.

I have the date and time stamps of the calls made to cancel the contract, have recorded the latest call, and I will not hesitate to take Virgin media to court if this does not get resolved. 

2 REPLIES 2

charles215
Joining in
We require 30 days' notice to process a cancellation request, so it's likely you received a bill that reflects the normal billing period. Additionally, because we charge a month in advance for our services, you will also receive a final bill once the 30 days' notice has been completed.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

Are you the registered account holder for the account that you have been responsible for? If you aren't we wouldn't be able to discuss this further with you.

Regards,

Steven_L