cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media refusing cancellation when contract ends

AC10
Joining in

After multiple attempts and losing the will live listening to that music I managed to speak to an advisor to cancel my subscription once my contract ends. I provided to 30 days notice.

Now I have discovered that my subscription has not been cancelled in fact I apparently have signed up to a new 18 month contract with a cost increase. This has been created without my knowledge, permission or consent.  Basically Virgin Media has committed Fraud.

Unable to speak to an advisor and I have phoned multiple times again.

I am providing you with the 30 days notice to cancel my subscription when my orginal contract ends on the 4th Nov. You can also cancel this new contract as it has been created without my knowledge or permission. 

I have cancelled my direct  debit to Virgin media, so if you want payment please have someone call me to discuss. 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AC10 wrote:

I have cancelled my direct  debit to Virgin media, so if you want payment please have someone call me to discuss. 

Make sure you keep up your contractual payments by a suitable manual method. VM's payments processing is notoriously efficient, but they will not contact you to ask if there's a problem.

They will add late payment charges, suspend services and latterly add entries to your credit file that can haunt you for years to come. The rights & wrongs of a situation can become immaterial when you are applying for credit and find complications as a result of a VM dispute.

A forum post is not cancellation notice, but a recorded delivery letter will certainly be a worthwhile investment - details are on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cardiffman282
Super solver

As per japitts. 

Do please also let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here