Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media move new contract when was already out of contract

Hi all any help would be muchly appreciated, I have moved house in the last week and I have seen that my contract had been renewed, when I moved I was on a rolling contract as my contract ended in November 2019.

Now virgin are saying that my contract automatically renewed when I moved and because I moved there is no cooling off period, any help would be muchly appreciated I am paying over £100 for a package I can get for £70 on there website.

Regards Louise

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media move new contract when was already out of contract

Hi Louise,

Hope you are settling in at your new property.

When you move your VM to your new house then unless you have made any changes to your services the current contract continues.

legal stuff moving home 

4. If we agree to provide the services to your new address, you may have to pay a service transfer charge (to be paid to Virgin Media Payments).  Details of the service transfer charge are set out in the price guides.

5. Where we have agreed with you to continue providing the same services that you received at your current address to your new address and this is during any minimum period, then that minimum period will continue at your new address (for example, where your services are on a 12 month minimum period, if you move during month 7 of your minimum period, the remaining 5 months of your minimum period will apply for those same services being provided at your new address). Where we have agreed with you to change the services you receive at your new address then a new minimum period may apply for those services and the service start date for that new minimum period will be the date that the equipment is installed at your new address.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos