cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media issue

JackJFKnight
Joining in

here is a short recap of the issues i had previous to this

so the issue i had was. in July i contacted virgin media for a internet extention and the next bill that is in August i would pay double when i got paid. virgin media said to me it was a promise to pay thing. and as soon as i got paid on the 14th of August i contacted virgin media and i paid a Full manual payment for the £124. that was the total of £62 for last month and £62 for this month. the bill cleared from my bank on the 15th of August.

Now, the problem was on August 22nd, Virgin Media tried to withdraw the same £124 via direct debit, even though I had already paid on August 14th and it cleared on August 15th. Because I had already paid, the direct debit couldn't go through due to insufficient funds, and it was canceled and returned to me.

I contacted Virgin Media right away to explain the situation. They assured me not to worry about the failed direct debit since I had made a manual payment. and i got it all sortted out really quickly from when i made the other post.

i thought that was the end of the issue but i checked my credit file and now it says Your short-term debt increased to £124 and the name on it says Virgin and my credit score went down even though they assured me it was cleared and everything was sorted out and it wouldnt effect my credit score or have a negative effect on my credit file. this has caused me nothing but stress i want this fixed and removed.

1 REPLY 1

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JackJFKnight,

Thanks for posting on our community forums, we can certainty look at what has happened and why your credit score has been affected.

Unfortunately, if any DDs are returned as unpaid, this may have a detrimental effect on your credit score.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details and see if there is anything we can do from our end.

Please click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.