Menu
WoWhy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media denying (effectively) I called to cancel within cooling period

Hello, Newbie here to VMedia

I signed up for an Oomph deal (TV,BB,Phone,Mobile) in October 2020. I was looking up deals on the internet that day and incidentally that evening I had a knock on the door from a Virgin media salesperson who happened to be in the area and offered me a cheaper deal! Eventually had services installed and activated on 1st December 2020. Used it for a couple of days and I was not satisfied with the TV broadcast quality especially the HD channels hence had engineer over who couldn’t solve the issue. I had sky Q at the time so we compare it side by side. He kept saying He cant see the difference though me and my 5 year old could. 

I called on the 12th December 2020 and asked the bundle to be cancelled. I elected to keep the broadband on a monthly rolling contract. The person on the phone said she has processed my request. 

I checked that the TV services were disconnected (which they were) before I packed away the TIVO boxes waiting for instructions from Virgin Media to send them back. I continued to use the broadband (I check the speed more than once and it reflected the new lower speed I had signed up for)

A month later, two months amount is deducted from my account. I log in to virgin media app and see that the contract is still active. 

I called up Virgin media and explained the situation. I looked up my mobile phone bill and gave them the date and time when I called to cancel. She said there was no record of the conversation except for a note on my account that the phone call was dropped and the other person could not get through to me when he tried to call back. She offered to stop the TV and phone services but i would have to incur an early disconnection charge. I was not willing to pay for something I have not used except during the cooling period. She couldn’t help and asked me to raise a complaint. 

Has anyone had a similar experience and if so how did you pursue the matter and what was the outcome? Im finding it hard to comprehend that such a major company would go to such extents to extract money from customers. 

I intend to raise a complaint and ask for a refund. 

Any advise or shared experience is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media denying (effectively) I called to cancel within cooling period

Hi WoWhy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with this account. 

To cancel the account you will need to either call in on 150/0345 454 1111 or text in on +44753 305 1809

^Martin

0 Kudos
WoWhy
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

in case you haven’t read my post. I have called and cancelled on the 12th December 2020.
 Virgin are now saying they have no record of it! I am unwilling to forfeit two months payment for services I did not use, or pay an early termination charge when I called and cancelled within the cooling off period. This is unfair due to no fault of my own. 

Please let me know if you have any other useful suggestions. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi WoWhy,

Thanks for your reply, I'd like to take a look at your account and complaint and see about getting this sorted for you. I'll send you a PM to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos