cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media deals

Loosecanons
Superfast

Hi,

I keep seeing Virgin media bundle deals on TV offering much better packages than me for about the same price.

Are these offers for new customers only? I'm still within my 14 day cooling off period.

I've recently renewed yet  paying more for the same services and disappointed to discover I have a much less package than my friend who also recently renewed . Their package includes an extra box,  netflix,  sport,  cinema , all TV and four times the speed for much what I'm paying. Customer services basically said they couldn't help.

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do VM offer new customer deals to existing customers? Short answer. NO. These deals are loss leaders that are offered at below cost price to get new custom, so if you got one it would be the exception & not the rule for obvious reasons.

The best deals are available from Retentions (who you get to by taking the option of "thinking of leaving").These guys have far more deal variations & discounts at their fingertips that the normal sales reps.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The most successful re-contract negotiations come when you have priced up your combination of services from an alternate supplier(s), and are willing to cancel VM to use those competitors.

If you're just calling VM asking for a discount but are not serious about disconnecting, VM retentions could easily take the view that excessive discounting is unnecessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Loosecanons, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear this way about the package and price.
All new customer deals are for new customers only and you yourself would have had this when you joined.

If you cancel your renewal within 14 days, you will revert back to the package you had prior.
Please check here to see what we can offer you.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Rubbish I never got a new customer deal they didn’t do that when I started on dial up in the 1990’s been with them since then. 

TALON1973
Up to speed

You “ can” get a better deal than your initial contract deal. It’s just a case of playing the game and hoping to catch the right operator.

I’ve also had discounts, literally down to vm mistakes on service. It’s also worth checking your upgrade offers n your account online.

My first bundle was £89…. But I’m now paying £54 for WAY more. 

Hi iDunno, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your package price voiced, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 

We really do thank you for staying with us for that long! We do offer existing customers discounts and offers that can be browsed here 👉 Existing Customer Offers

You can also chat with our Retentions Team by calling 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4 and they will go through all of their brilliant deals with you. 

If you find that none of their discounts are suitable for you at the moment, they can also schedule a disconnection if you feel it's time to go to a new provider - Although we would love to keep you! 

If you do leave us, please don't forget that after your venture with one of our competitors, you can come back to us and you'll be able to take advantage of our new customer deals - If you decide you want to come back to us 🤗

Please let us know how you get on!

Megan_L

Loosecanons
Superfast

Thanks all for your reply.
My friend HAD said he was leaving and had the new equipment ready to install and was then offered a much, much better deal. He has the benefit of competition where he lives; I don't as the alternative is 'up to 10mbps' (yes TEN) but hopefully that will change soon as competitors are installing their own high speed networks soon.

Similar happened to a member of my family - contract up, no decent renewal offer so they have left. No co-incidence that since they have left they have been inundated by VM with deals much less than the initial offer. More worrying was the spam phone calls purporting to be from VM that started the following day.

Anyway, I will keep looking.

thanks