Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media contract wrong on account

I called and was offered a rolling contract but received an 18 month contract. I specifically checked I was not going to have a rolling contract as I'm likely to move in the next 18 month and don't want to pay cancellation fees! 

I've spent hours on the phone the last 2 weeks and have been repeatedly told that my contract is the same price but rolling on the system and that I would have an updated contract. There is still new contract. While your team say it will be fine I have absolutely nothing in writing to argue I shouldn't pay cancellation fees when you inevitably try and charge them.

It seems like Virgin Media are just trying to run down the time on my cooling off period so I'm stuck in a contract. Or so I cancel in that period and they don't have to deal with fixing it. 

I just want written confirmation that I am on a rolling contract at x price (and when that price lasts until!) before I end up tied in a contract. I don't believe that's an unreasonable expectation!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media contract wrong on account

Hi hazelandluc,

Thank you for your post, I'm so sorry to hear that things have gone wrong regarding your recent contract renewal.

I can see that you've been able to speak with our customer service team since you made this post, are you able to confirm whether this has been sorted for you or if you need any further help?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well after calling 9 times and having everyone saying they’d fix it, it still wasn’t. So I cancelled my contract and have gone elsewhere. It would have saved me so much time if your call centre had just admitted they couldn’t fix things instead of promising things they evidently couldn’t deliver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi hazelandluc,

It's really disappointing to hear that you decided to leave because of this, and I am sorry that we let you down on this occasion and this wasn't rectified the first time around.

If you do happen to change your mind, please don't hesitate to let me know as I've love to smooth things out and take a look at what's happened.

If not, best wishes and best of luck for the future.

Beth

0 Kudos