Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media changed our account name to our neighbours

We have been with vigin media for 25+ years never had a problem with them until maybe 5years ago.

We had new neighbours and they signed up to virgin media, since then I was getting emails from virgin media with my neighbours name and also phonecalls we explained that he lives at ** then we started to get mail with his name on their. 

We phoned virgin media and spoke to numerous advisors but they would not talk to us as we wasn't the account holder. We got the neighbour to speak to them but all they said was they would send this form to us and us to send it back, which we have several times but nothing happens from then. Its their mistake but we are getting punished from it. 

I have sent several emails off I get nothing. I try to phone them but again they won't talk to me because I'm not the account holder. Been to see an advisor in one of the branches, he helped out quite alot but again nothing happened.

Has anyone else had something similar happen to you but got it sorted?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media changed our account name to our neighbours

Ask them to raise a GDPR breach - should get the attention of a department who can help.  Also submit a SAR (Subject Access Request) to see what info they HOLD.  Make not of the dates as there are time limits within which they must reply.

Crazy that they can't/won't sort such a stupid mistake!  Also Google the email address for their CEO & fire off an email.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media changed our account name to our neighbours

Consider contacting the Data Protection Team by:

to advise them of:

1. data incorrectly linked to you is actually your neighbour's data
  2. you are exercise Your right to get your data corrected
  3. should this matter not be resolved in 30 days a complaint will be made to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped