Menu
Kevurg
Joining in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media are trying to steal from me

Virgin media were supposed to cancel my account on 22nd September 2020. They failed to do so for 6 months and then randomly shut everything off with 1 days notice causing me distress and economic hardship. 

I continuous contacted virgin media from September onwards and was ignored. They therefore stole money from me so I rang ofcom who told me to immediately ring my bank to get the money back. 

Now virgin are trying to steal this money from me and no one will look into my complaint despite me sending in lots of evidence. 

Unbelievable 

Kevin Thorpe 

0 Kudos
chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media are trying to steal from me

I'm not entirely surprised, i've been struggling myself but they have actually been quite good.

If you do have plenty of evidence Trading Standards is the usual route, though Ofcom can help and your bank will refund the money, Virgin did have the right to cut you off at any point so i'm surprised they let you for so long, unless you were still paying? Which is what you seem to be implying..

I'm sure some staff will chime in soon @Lisa_CC @Andrew_RM

Kindest regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

They’re not “stealing” anything. Did you receive confirmation of your cancellation? And a final bill?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@chaoshusky wrote:

I'm not entirely surprised, i've been struggling myself but they have actually been quite good.

If you do have plenty of evidence Trading Standards is the usual route, though Ofcom can help and your bank will refund the money, Virgin did have the right to cut you off at any point so i'm surprised they let you for so long, unless you were still paying? Which is what you seem to be implying..

I'm sure some staff will chime in soon @Lisa_CC @Andrew_RM

Kindest regards,

Lee

OFCOM do not handle individual customer complaints. 

Forum members will get to posts themselves - there’s no need to tag them. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Kevurg
Joining in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

They have admitted the account should have been cancelled on 22nd September. I can therefore view this as nothing except attempted ‘theft’!

0 Kudos
Kevurg
Joining in
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the advice in terms of trading standards I will certainly speak to them.

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@Kevurg wrote:

They have admitted the account should have been cancelled on 22nd September. I can therefore view this as nothing except attempted ‘theft’!

If they should have cancelled your account by that date how did cutting you off with one day's notice several months later cause you problems? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kevurg
Joining in
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

My internet went down on a random date. I had no knowledge this was going to happen. I’m sure you rely on your internet too. 

0 Kudos
Kevurg
Joining in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I think people need to know about my story. Do virgin have a twitter account etc ?

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

• @Kevurg wrote:

My internet went down on a random date. I had no knowledge this was going to happen. I’m sure you rely on your internet too. 

I do but if I cancelled it in September I would have arranged a new Internet for that date and would not carry on using the the old one after it was cancelled, I also would have made sure no more payments were taken out, if I carried on using it and paying the bills I would not really have cancelled it.

You're basically saying you cancelled but virgin didn't carry out the request and then months later you complained they hadn't cancelled it. And then complained because they cancelled it 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos