Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media account - non-existent email address - stuck.

I originally signed up to the virgin media account then logged into my account using my original email. I then decided to use a virginmedia email account for my account login.

Unfortunately I accidentally put in an extra letter and ended up with @virginmendia.com but the change was made before I noticed. The result of this is I cannot verify the email because the address doesn't exist.

I thought this wouldn't be a problem because there appears to be a page where I can "choose a new username - except it doesn't work, and sends me to a web page which says "

"Oops, something's broken

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon".

This has been happening since early December 2018 so obviously it is not "running soon".

I went through the online chat to try and solve this problem but the virgin rep ended up finding the same problem when he tried.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media account - non-existent email address - stuck.

Hi @beeaymac 

This is something staff will have to help with. 

They can access the system the email is liked to pending verification and replace this with another email for you.

If this doesn't work they can revert access to the primary email for you temporarily for you to then reset this to the right email address.

Sit tight and a forum colleague can take this into a PM for you to get the details they need to support further 😊

They work 8am to 10pm Mon to Fri with earlier closing times on weekends. They may pick this up tomorrow if they're not too busy but if not it'll be in a couple of days. 

Cheers and good luck.

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help 🙂
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the the reply Kaz.

It's more a nuisance than anything else and I've waited for the website to be fixed for a few months so a couple of days doesn't matter much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No worries. 

They should be able to sort this in a day for you but if not, worst case scenario, it gets logged with internal IT and they can take up to 10 days to fix this. 

However the last 5 or 6 times I logged any My VM issues since Jan before I finished there last week, were all sorted by IT within a day too so the outlook for a fix is a good one for you 😉

Cheers!

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi beeaymac,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry there seems to be an issue with this part of the web page, can appreciate this is frustrating.

I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can take a closer look at your email account, look out for the little purple envelope in the top right hand corner.

Thanks,

ALEX_RM