Menu
Highlighted
blueiceangel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media Collected equipment from my address I am now being charged saying not returned

I tried to Transfer responsibility of the account over to my husband as he was staying at the property and wanted to keep the virgin media account. I left the property on the 18 March 2019. Despite  numerous phone calls to virgin media and still no transfer eventually I was told by one of your advisers that I should cancel my account and that my husband should apply to open a new account . This was actioned  and we were both given £50 credit myself for referring a new customer and he because he was a new customer.  The adviser contacted my husband and an appointment  was made for  30 April 2019 at 1 pm for My husband  who is the sole occupier of the property  and was in possession of the boxes  from 18 March 2019. At this appointment the virgin media engineer  took out the equipment that was already there 2 v6 boxes,1 TiVo box and a super hub saying that because it was in my name they would have to replace it. They installed  new equipment that would be registered in his name taking the old boxes away   they even changed the telephone number. A final bill was issued on the 2 May 2019  which has been paid .

i have now received a bill of  £310.00  Dated 3 June 2019 payable by 24 June 2019 saying it is a non return charge for all the boxes  and super hub 1 would be grateful if you could look into this for me because previous experience of contacting virgin media by phone has be frustrating to say the least . As I said early it took 6 weeks and many calls to try and transfer the account only to be told it would be easier to cancel it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin media Collected equipment from my address I am now being charged saying not returned

Hi blueiceangel,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding this issue. I'm really sorry that you've received non-return charges for equipment that we've already collected.

I'd like to get in touch with the local manager to see if they can investigate this for me, but I'd also like to discuss this in further detail with you. In order to do that, we'll need to clear account security. I'll send you a private message for this purpose, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael