Menu
Smedzter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media 360 tv box fee?

Hi all, my question is did anyone have a activation fee when setting up there 360 box?

So last month I ordered the new box and got a email saying click and collect £0.00 and activation fee is FREE. I had it planned to be picked up on the 22nd January and in the email it says they will let me know if they can’t, which they never did.. the picture below clearly says they will let me know and look for alternatives if they can’t do the date I’ve done. 

4BA4C52B-BF04-4818-98B8-691AF6188685.jpeg

On the 23rd I rang virgin to ask why hasn’t it been posted and they said there low on stock, so I asked why didn’t you let me know like the email stated and they couldn’t give me an answer. They said try and re order it next week. I’ve tried everyday and every time it says on the site something went wrong.

I phoned today to explain my situation and the guy I was speaking to seemed to understand and said they have them in stock and they will send one out to me. He said there’s an activation fee of £35.

Me: The email I received 3 weeks ago didn’t say I have to pay anything.
Virgin: Do you still want to go ahead ordering the 360 box?
Me: your not understanding me, I do want it but I don’t believe I should be paying the activation fee because the email said it’s FREE.
Virgin: I’m sorry sir, so you don’t want to go ahead?

honestly.. it’s like talking to a robot. I then go ahead and ask to speak to his supervisor and he said he will just say the same thing.

This is the other parts of the email I received, clearly saying I didn’t have to pay an activation fee..

E32DEEB8-8B6A-4248-99CE-9005A2E75403.png

C81AB144-35E2-4A4E-BE54-5FE746AFD71A.png

I’m on the oomph deal and had the option to upgrade for free, so did anyone else have this problem or just me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media 360 tv box fee?

It is fairly normal for £35 fee to be charged when new kit issues issued on to an account specially if no new contract is being taken.

What box do you have currently?

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Smedzter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply:)

I completely understand the £35 fee is the usual standard but when I purchased it 3 weeks ago the email said the activation fee was free. Just waiting for the images I posted to appear so it’s easier to see what I received:)

My current box is 2 virgin V6 boxes. Don’t see much point upgrading to the 360 for £35 for the sake of voice control, but if it’s free I’ll definitely upgrade:) 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

OK, so I see whats going on, the advisor is trying to order 360 box not just the remotes to upgrade existing boxes.

You can either phone up again and try explain this but I know that's just probably a waste of time currently or hang on here and hopefully a staff member can help push this in the right direction.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Smedzter
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully you can see the images now?:) From my point of view one moment I’m being told it’s free then the next it’s £35☹️

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@JitteryPinger wrote:

OK, so I see whats going on, the advisor is trying to order 360 box not just the remotes to upgrade existing boxes.

You can either phone up again and try explain this but I know that's just probably a waste of time currently or hang on here and hopefully a staff member can help push this in the right direction.

As mentioned above, you need remotes to upgrade existing boxes software, the reason your getting challenged with the £35 fee is because the system thinks your trying to upgrade to a new box, the free activation applied to the remote controls which if you hang around here for a few days will be sorted for you by a Virgin Staff member.

If nobody comes along in the next 3 days, give us a shout on this post and I will flag for follow up.

Smedzter
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, still no luck with anyone getting back to me on this topic, is there any chance you can flag it up to someone? Thanks again for all your help so far 😀

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Smedzter

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Can you go ahead with the order online for me and let me know how you get on?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Smedzter
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The first time I did it I managed to click upgrade now and clicked a date for it to be delivered. I could choose between getting it delivered to my house, to collect or to get an engineer to come and install it. I clicked the click and collect.

I got the email telling me it is ordered and I will receive an email if it’s on it’s way or if it’s not going to be coming and for me to choose a different date.

I rang to tell virgin I never got any emails and they told me they are low on stock but try again in January. I couldn’t order online so I rang back up and everything seemed fine until they told me it was cost me £35 for the activation fee when the email I received when I first ordered it said it wasn’t going to cost anything.

Every time I try to order on the website it doesn’t come up with the option for me anymore. This is the image-

A641102F-C0A7-4EB6-9D64-735932F32954.png

I try to look for anything that say to continue the order but nothing is on the page.

I just don’t understand why I should be made to make a £35 payment when it was free the first time -

56D7AD8B-C83D-4E6B-A23B-D2C956700807.png

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Smedzter

Thanks for posting. I'll PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos