cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin made a new contract without consent

aaronm1235
Joining in

Virgin media have put me into a new contract after moving house. I did not consent to this and explicitly told the agent not to put me on a new contract when arranging my move.

I am now in a situation where I am expected to pay £49 monthly for 18 months when I was previously paying below £30. New customers are offered my package for £26.50 so it is ridiculous that I am expected to pay so much and without my agreement. 

My old contract was set to end in November I have no idea why it was not just rolled over during the move.

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi aaronm1235 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion caused when moving home. When you move home, we are required to create a new account for you, which generates a new account number. Because of this, we cannot just transfer your package across and need to place a new order for the remaining account details to generate.

In some cases, this new order can be a different price than what you are currently paying, over an 18-month period but will be the same package that you had previously. This is completely normal, as is dependent on whether your current package and price is available at the time of this new account being created.

Once your account has been activated, our Movers Team will then make amendments to your new account, and will reduce your current contract length back to the previous contract length, and apply a recurring credit for the duration of your previous contract. This should have been advised during your conversation with the team.

This is usually done within 14 days of moving home, and should be identified on your first bill. For clarity, have you received your first bill? If so, does this show any credits applied?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ