cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin damaged my property

Ahart1
Joining in

Anyone had any experience with botched installation? I’m struggling to even get someone to talk to me. 
We had been with virgin for internet for about 7 years and we complained our connection wasn’t great, someone came out and said that they’d forgotten to install it correctly and instead left us temporarily hooked up to our neighbours connection. 
A few weeks later we got a text saying there would be work done by our property but no one needed to be at home. Next thing my cctv alerted me to motion at my property, there were 3 workmen in my garden digging. They also attempted to drill through the front of a raised bed built with sleepers, obviously causing damage. They couldn’t drill through it though so instead ran the cables behind. 
I called up to complain and a man came to the property and apologised and said they should have asked permission to do what they did, and he confirmed it was unnecessary anyway because there was space to run the cables behind. He agreed to pay for this work to be fixed. 
This was nearly a year ago and I am still yet to get this matter resolved. 3 times I’ve been asked to send the quote for the work and been told it will be paid but we have received nothing. Everyone I call I get told someone will ring me back but they never do. I was receiving emails from their complaints team but have heard nothing in 4 months, last I heard was they would get someone to call me. 
Aside from taking this to court I am at a loss as to what I can do? I have all the video footage of them creating the damage.

I think we should be compensated for the poor service for the first 7 years, as well as get the work repaired, and compensated for the time over the last year I’ve spent following this up! Any advice much appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you have not succeeded in getting the damage repaired by VM after a year then you should consider an alternative approach.

Speak to Citizens Advice on how to proceed. In all likelihood you will have to go via the small claim route to get the damaged repaired.

You sound like you have plenty of evidence to support a claim for the property damage. You may find it more difficult to make a claim for poor service going back over a 7 year period though. See what Citizens Advice have to say

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/contact-us/

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ahart1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your service and the dealing with the work done outside the property. 

I am happy to take a look into this for you to see what has happened and what we can do to help. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin