Menu
chriscol
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin contract changed without consultation

ow is it that my contract changed without ANY consultation or notification. I am planning to leave VM and ported my number out from the free addon sim deal and somehow this triggered a contract change. 

I want to leave and even moreso now they have done this. 

Can someone please explain how this is possible?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin contract changed without consultation

Hello

The free SIM is part of your contract and when you port out you are basically changing the contract yourself, that would trigger Virginmedia having to change your contract was it one of the Oomph packages.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @chriscol 

Thank you so much fr your post and welcome to our Community Forums, it's lovely to have you here! 

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened with your phone. The information provided by @DJ_Shadow1966 is correct. Can I reiterate their question and ask if this was part of an Oomph package deal? Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chriscol
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes it was. The we initially had a sim and then ported in my wife’s number. The network service was that bad that we ported her number back out. 

but like I say the initial deal was with a different mobile number and all we wanted to do was get my wife onto a useable network where she could be contracted. 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am so sorry to hear this @chriscol and I understand how frustrating this must be, unfortunately once that number was ported in it was assigned to that sim, and by porting it back out it has essentially cancelled the sim deal. 

As the Oomph package includes TV, Broadband, Landline and Mobile this has voided the deal.

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chriscol
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That is really shady tactics to move me into a new contract. To be honest I was looking to move away from Virgin totally and cancel my contract when it expired. Not start a new deal. 

I am truly annoyed at this. 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I understand your frustrations but by moving the number offer you have nullified the contract. Can I ask if you called us at all before this to speak to an agent about porting the number out? 

Again I am so sorry that this has caused an inconvenience for you.

Thank you very much.

Ash_C
Forum Team

0 Kudos
chriscol
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No I didn’t think it would be an issue as we initially had a different mobile number and weren’t using the sim. So though we’d move my wife’s number in and make use of the sim. Worst mistake ever. Service was bad, she was missing calls even when her phone said she had signal and 2-3bars of signal I’d ring her and it would go to unable to connect. 

so we moved her back to another network, but was happy to keep the bundle we were on. Not change it. 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am so sorry to hear that! Can I ask if you were able to speak to any of our staff about the signalling issue with the phone? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

0 Kudos
chriscol
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No and as it poor signal in the various areas we live/travel to and it was originally her number we decided to simply move it away to another network we know is good in our area. 

never ever realised it would be considered as starting a new deal as in all honesty we didn’t even want the sim to begin with. It just was part of our initial internet deal. We never took on the tv. Just internet and the sim come as part of package. 

0 Kudos