Menu
Emmalou061
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin cold calls

Is anyone else getting calls supposedly from virgin media using 0800 numbers about upgrading your account when this has already been done recently? I keep getting these in the last week or 2 and I’m pretty fed up with it.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin cold calls

You can turn off marketing consent by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page then My Profile > My Preferences

The preferences will take 30 days to be updated, and will stop phone calls, text messages, post and email from VM

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Emmalou061,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear you are receiving unwanted calls from our Marketing team.

As @newapollo has correct advised, you can update your preferences via you online account to stop these going forward.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Emmalou061
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant thank you very much. I have had this before and called VM after to check and been told it wasn’t them. These people are so rude and try to force you to take a new package. I don’t see the point either because like I say my contract was only renewed 5 months ago. Again thanks for your help I appreciate it.

Em
0 Kudos
Emmalou061
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Ayisha_B I will do that.
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are most welcome @Emmalou061

It's always worth checking with us if you do ever receive a call you are unsure about as there are so many scam calls doing the rounds these days you can never be too sure! Feel free to pop back on here should you have any concerns. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tags (1)
Emmalou061
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will do thank you
0 Kudos