Menu
Driftwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin cancelled contract because their agent gave me too many benefits for the price agreed

At end of my 12 month contracts for High-speed broadband, a landline and two mobile phones the Virgin retention team negotiated, over the phone,  a new contract with me which I agreed to - even though I was not particularly happy with it becoming an 18 month contract. I was then bombarded with countless generic emails from different internal departments thanking me for renewing etc. etc. When the new contract had been in place for over a month I received a notification that the contract had been reviewed as they had made a mistake on the contract and their agent should not have offered the second phone contract and it was to be cancelled. 

As usual trying to sort this out on the phone was extremely difficult and took more than 12 hours phone time spread over several days. In the end a UK based agent admitted their error was entirely theirs and said "Sorry but there is nothing I can do about it". The only options he gave me was to leave Virgin altogether without a penalty or to pay the full rate (not discounted) on the second phone. 

I have grossly simplified the above details - they actually were going to cancel both phones because the numbers were mixed up internally etc. etc. They would not supply me with a recording of the original oral contract made over the phone which included very clear promises of what I was signing up to.

Questions:-

A. How can it be reasonable legally OK for the oral contract to be binding upon me but not upon Virgin. 

B. If the 'recorded' oral contract is binding upon me should I not be allowed to get hold of a copy of it?

C. Am I the only one who has suffered from such underhand selling methods from Virgin?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin cancelled contract because their agent gave me too many benefits for the price agreed

Exercise your rights under the GDPR to request copies of such data (i.e. audio records, notes made on your record, etc) by either:

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos