cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Tier 2 keeps dropping my calls

AgainstGreatOdd
Joining in

I am a virgin broadband customer for 5 years.

For the last year, I've overpaid to be "out of contract" to have the freedom of cancelling at any time since I was purchasing a house and knew I was going to move sooner or later. 

In June, when the house purchase completed, I called virgin to check what deals were in place to lock me into a new contract in the new house. We agreed to a new contract, got the details in my e-mail and waited for the official move in date.

When the move in date came, the old account was disconnected (it was active and providing internet to the new house) but internet never came for 3 days.

I've spent over 4 hours in the line with virgin, where the conclusion was this:

- They can see that the move was requested to the new house, and as such at that day the old account got disconnected

- They have no record of a new account being created, and no record of the contract I was offered (despite me having the email with the contract sheet).

- Their only option at that stage was to reinstate an account with the old out of contract state, and I would have to call later to renegotiate a new contract.

Now, everytime I call tier 2 to get this resolved, the call either drops when I am on hold when the representative does their checks, or, even worse, twice the advisor told me "can I call you back? I will call you back before 7 today" and then never calls back.

Due to this, I am now again overpaying for the service for two months now (august and September).

The last call, I politely requested to simply cancel my contract. The lady again asked me to call me back later. She didn't. I feel they don't even let me cancel, and this is likely ilegal retention tactics.

I just wanted a contract with a decent price. 3 months later, I should have cancelled in the first day. 

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I WILL NOT give the phone line another shot, they wasted my good will.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

AgainstGreatOdd
Joining in

Uh, any answer from VM staff?

Hi AgainstGreatOdd,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that your new agreed deal did not follow you to your new address and now you have been added to a different deal than agreed.

So we can look into this further for you, I will pop you over a private message so I can take a look at the account notes and see what has happened.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi. I have not received any private message. Thanks 

AgainstGreatOdd
Joining in

Hi, can please Jodi_S or another staff member message me privately? The issue was originally resolved but a few months later there are now new billing issues that need to be checked.

I've tried to reply back to Jodi_S in the same private thread where we resolved the problem originally but got a warning from a bot saying that is not allowed.

Thanks

Hi AgainstGreatOdd,

I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm