Menu
LucasP
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Not Complying with CISAS Ruling

I post this more in hope than expectation that someone at Virgin Media will actually do something they promise as on Monday I'm calling Ofcom.

I have a CISAS ruling in my favour in relation to my a false bill issued to me for leaving a 12 month contract I never consented to. Net is Virgin billed me £323.92, of that £260 was struck off by the CISAS ruling and Virgin were instructed to both pay me compensation of £100 and issue a written apology on 21st October 2020. Not only have Virgin ignored the arbitrator's decision I now have a default account on my credit report from Virgin when Virgin actually owe me money so I now have to go through the hassle of getting that corrected because of Virgin's continual failures.

This has been the worst customer service experience I've ever received in my life and the fig leaf cover of 'oh it's due to COVID' has long since warn thin. I'd be delighted to have the number of someone in your credit control function so I can call explain I owe you nothing and you in fact owe me £36.08 per a legally binding ADR decision. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Not Complying with CISAS Ruling

Man things are certainly going to 💩 at Virgin currently, seriously not got a good presence online at the moment.

Also took a look at there website earlier to get information for another customer and realized they are incorrectly advertising the M100 broadband service at the moment.

Looking at my own account that was supposed to cease today, I see its still active but they where a bit late putting the cancellation in place so just going to leave that alone and hopefully I won't be in your position in a few months time.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
LucasP
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's been awful, spent hours on the phone prior to leaving, was told multiple times they'd call me back and they never did. They entered me into a 12 month contract when I moved house when they said they wouldn't, charged me a moving fee their online representative promised they would waive, other members of the 'customer service' team said the person who waived the fee didn't have the authority to which I told them wasn't my problem under the consumer rights act and they needed to train staff better. I was with them for 10 years and since I moved house was a disaster, now with BT and have a much more stable internet connection and they've so far not lied to me so that's a step up vs Virgin.

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post LucasP and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the situation, if you've been to CISAS for final verdict they would come to us themselves to have the credit added to the account and if you'd like to follow up on this you would need to do so with CISAS.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
LucasP
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emily but I have followed up with CISAS multiple times and Virgin has ignored them.

Even more insulting you've put my account in default when you owe me money. I'm calling OfCom tomorrow to complain as clearly the ADR scheme doesn't work if Virgin simply ignores the CISAS ruling.

Please don't say 'your processes don't allow you to ignore CISAS rulings' as that is clearly not true, I have a formal ruling from CISAS dated 21st October 2020 as a result of which Virgin owes me £36.08, yet somehow on 1st January 2021 you marked my account as in default with a credit agency when you owe me money so you have demonstrably ignored the CISAS ruling.

To everyone else reading this be warned about Virgin's behaviour and think very carefully, even if they are the fastest in your area, is this the kind of customer service you really want to deal with.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The CISAS team would do this with an internal team so it would need to be chased up through them I'm afraid.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My suggestion would be to ask CISAS for a letter to confirm failure to communicate with Virgin Media (original creditor) have it explain that no charges are due and send that to the credit agency to make amendments to your credit file.

Other than the suggested its a deadend with Virgin as the matter is now in the hands of the ADR

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos