Menu
volts
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media wont/can't change the written contract.Agreements all verbal

As it stands
16th January spoke to retentions and they give me a deal of 31.50. They contract came with 48 uh oh

18th  January They are agreeing "verbally" that they will honour the 31.50 by applying a rolling credit so only 31.50 will be taken out of my account

They cant change the written contract so thats stuck at the old price. I feel very uneasy about this, am i within my rights to request a written contract

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media wont/can't change the written contract.Agreements all verbal

Hi, this is perfectly fine. Rolling credits don't come under as discounts & aren't actually contractual so an email can't be sent out from an agent/managers end to show the change of service receipt with the correct price. Most likely what's happened is the person who offered the original deal had tried putting it through and for a reason unknown it hasn't worked, but the note to confirm the price is there & as such can be actioned, so a rolling credit would be applied and adjust your pending amount per month. Unfortunately these can't be sent out as a new contract to confirm it the way you'd like. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
volts
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So have to hope it gets applied. And if it doesn't i will be stuck with the written contract of 48

0 Kudos
volts
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Also when the contract says Discount but no further details.....what discount

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unsure on that front, I can only assume the person that originally attempted the discount added the first part but not the second so your bill shows as being discounted despite not being marked properly on the bill. In regards to the post prior, albeit inconvenient the rolling credit should definitely be there, you could check by calling Retentions in the morning and have someone double check for you. Or checking the My Virginmedia App and going to Bills -> Upcoming Charges and it should have the credit there. 

0 Kudos
volts
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

speak of the devil an email with the correct charges came through this morning.This is despite 2 further phone calls and insistence it couldn't be done.

Sigh

0 Kudos
volts
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Another come through with phone removed...

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi volts,

Thanks for keeping us posted. Did you request for the landline to be removed?

If not, had you placed an order with another provider to move away from Virgin Media? If so, you would need to ensure that this is fully cancelled as any request to take your landline number elsewhere would disconnect the home phone service with us.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That could be due to the program used to apply deals etc shows the bundle and what needs to be added to apply the discounts in the history, if a manager was going to apply the credit they may just checked if it was in history & if so spending the time to get it added properly. This would explain receiving the email with correct price however I can't say for certain. At least you e got confirmation it's being applied though. 

0 Kudos