cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media suspended my Netflix account

DanB3
On our wavelength

I got an email today telling me you’d cancelled my Netflix subscription for no apparent reason.  It is part of my package with you and included in my 18 month contract, of which there is about 10 months left. 

As a result of you doing this Netflix now has charged me £10.99 today. And no doubt I’ll be paying you in full still. 

i raised an issue with you today via phone. Can you please assure me that you’ll refund the £10.99 I’ve been charged by Netflix as this is a result of your mistake. I’ve no idea why you did this and nor did the person I spoke to. He raised a ticket to get it reactivated. 

for reference the ticket number is 136432_9854. 

regards

dan 

17 REPLIES 17

DanB3
On our wavelength

Maybe someone could send me an email link to activate it… this is what I did 9 months ago and that worked. The set top box route not working 

DanB3
On our wavelength

Final update, I hope. I’ve resolved it myself but it’s meant deleting my Netflix account and losing all my 8 years of history and having to sign up with the same email I use for Virgin account. This was not a problem for the last 9 months so god knows what changed your side. Ironically I had to use my non standard email for Virgin because you could not accept my normal one as I had an account with you 15 years ago and you were unable to delink that from old address.  It’s problem after problem with you  

your systems are riddled with defects and creaking at the seams. Your call centre staff are flying blind and give different answers depending on the day of the week. They don’t stand a chance navigating this mess. 

all round a very frustrating experience, but par for the course with Virgin. Roll on my contract running out. 

@DanB3 wrote:

Snip...

your systems are riddled with defects and creaking at the seams. Your call centre staff are flying blind and give different answers depending on the day of the week. They don’t stand a chance navigating this mess. 

all round a very frustrating experience, but par for the course with Virgin. Roll on my contract running out. 

And this, alas is a microcosm of the VM customer experience. Now I'm sure that what they have in place, sort of works for the vast majority of customers, otherwise they would have been out of business years ago. And that's fine, the problems all seems to be around the minority of customers who do experience issues, in which case it does seem that all four wheel immediately fall off of the VM customer support wagon!

It does seem that it is all geared around the idea of 'let's have the minimum support service we can get away with which does work for the, say 90-95% of customers, where a 'switch it off and on again' model works or follow this script and it'll probably sort the customer out.

But what about the 5-10% of customer issues which are more complex and this simple 'support by-rote' method doesn't work? Well, it seems, tough, sucks to be you, no?

The Netflix issue is a case in point, now I'm absolutely sure that for the vast majority of customers, they'll not see any problems, alas for the minority, when there are issues, then, boy, are you in for a world of pain? And unfortunately, experience from this forum tends to the conclusion that VM, as a corporate entity, basically doesn't care - I suspect that individuals on here, do actually care but are hamstrung by corporate policies and procedures.

I'll give you an example, VM have a customer base of some six million customers - now let's imagine that, oh, 20%, take up the Netflix offer - that'll be 1.2 million people. Now furthermore, 99% of these have no issues and 1% do, doesn't sound too bad, no? Well except that's some 12,000 customers. Now how many resources do you think that VM might have allocated to sort out issues with and deal with, 1% of their customer base? Although they now have some 12,000 complaining customers to wade though and resolve!

Now add to this the general lack of training for the front line call centre staff, they really don't know what is going on, but are 'incentivised' ('say this or lose your job'), to 'successfully close a call ASAP'. It's not just me, is it, everyone else can see the issue here, no?

Hi DanB3, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear about the issues which you have been having with the Netflix service and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

I am glad to hear that this was resolved by deleting the Netflix account and that this has now been fixed. 

Please let us know if you need any assistance with anything further?

Kind regards, Chris. 

DanB3
On our wavelength

I doubt there’s anything else until the next time! 

one funny final note… I got an email from Virgin asking me to complete a survey about my recent experience with contacting them. So I thought, ‘this is my chance for another meaningless rant’ and clicked on the survey… Q1. Have you recently bought a new package or signed up to Virgin? A: No (I’ve been here since May so not recent). 

Next page… thank you for your response but we’re only interested in responses from people who have contacted us recently..

erm…. But I did contact you!! And you know it because you sent me a survey! Oh nevermind…life’s too short. 

DanB3
On our wavelength

ok. Now I’m really annoyed. After having to setup a new Netflix account, Virgin has gone and screwed up again. Can you sort this out. It’s ridiculous. There is clearly an issue your end. Email from Netflix…

We're sorry to say goodbye
Hi Dan
Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Thursday, 2nd March 2023.
If you have any billing questions please contact Virgin Media.

Obviously we'd love to have you back. All you have to do is restart your membership.

DanB3
On our wavelength

if you are unable to maintain the Netflix relationship, just reduce my Virgin monthly payment by £10.99 and I’ll take on the gargantuan task of paying for it. 

Hi DanB3 👋 thank you for returning to the thread to keep us updated!

Really sorry to hear your issues with Netflix have returned. I'm going to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so I can offer further support and get a complaint raised as a result of your experience. This way we have a formal record of what has happened, can investigate further and offer support discussing a resolution with you.
You can find my PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩

We can return back to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime whilst we get this sorted!

All the best. 🌞

Molly