cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media suspended my Netflix account

DanB3
On our wavelength

I got an email today telling me you’d cancelled my Netflix subscription for no apparent reason.  It is part of my package with you and included in my 18 month contract, of which there is about 10 months left. 

As a result of you doing this Netflix now has charged me £10.99 today. And no doubt I’ll be paying you in full still. 

i raised an issue with you today via phone. Can you please assure me that you’ll refund the £10.99 I’ve been charged by Netflix as this is a result of your mistake. I’ve no idea why you did this and nor did the person I spoke to. He raised a ticket to get it reactivated. 

for reference the ticket number is 136432_9854. 

regards

dan 

17 REPLIES 17

DanB3
On our wavelength

Can someone at Virgin please reply to this? 

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DanB3 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that your Netflix has been removed for your package, but glad to hear that you have been in touch to get this resolved for you. 

Was the communication from Netflix not just to advise of the charge that would be applied to you as it looked like you no longer had the service from us?

I don't believe that Netflix can charge you through this way, unless you have then created a personal Netflix account after the service was removed from you package in error. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

DanB3
On our wavelength

no. Virgin media for some unknown reason cancelled the agreement with Netflix.

Netflix then defaulted to my old payment method (my credit card). 

But you still charge me the same, but now don’t provide me with the contractual agreement. I understand you will be reinstating this within 5 working days… let’s see. 

so basically I’m paying twice this month for Netflix. Once to to you and once to Netflix. All the details should be ok the fault ref above. All I want is confirmation you’ll compensate me for the £10.99 I’ve had to pay Netflix due to your mistake. 

thanks. 

DanB3
On our wavelength

The comms from Virgin was as follows…( none of the reasons apply btw) 

DANIEL, your Netflix account has been suspended (KMM103806684V82740L0KM)

Hello DANIEL,

Just a heads-up that Virgin Media has been removed as your payment method for Netflix.

Why’s this happened?

Your Virgin Media services might have changed or been cancelled
If you change or disconnect some or all of your Virgin Media services (TV, broadband or home phone), you might not have a Netflix subscription included in your package anymore.

Problems with a payment method or credit limit
There might have been a problem processing a recent payment. This is usually due to your bank details changing, a credit or debit card expiring, or if you’ve gone over your credit limit with us.

Once we’ve processed your payment, or your account’s back under its credit limit, you’ll be able to enjoy Netflix as part of your package with us again.

Opted out of Netflix
You might have decided you don’t want Netflix as part of your package. But don’t worry, you can change your preferences here.

If you want to keep your Netflix subscription but pay Netflix directly, sign in to your Netflix account and set up a new payment method using a credit or debit card. You can always sign up again and continue to pay for Netflix through your Virgin Media bill if you change your mind (Netflix will keep your profile information for 9 months).

Got any questions about your Netflix account or subscriptions? Feel free call us on 150from a Virgin Mobile phone or 0345 454 1111* from any other phone.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

DanB3
On our wavelength

And email from Netflix 

Important updates to your account

Hi Daniel

We’ve updated your account with new billing info. Your membership will automatically continue as long as you choose to remain a member.

DanB3
On our wavelength

All of this happened with no intervention from me. 

Thanks for the update DanB3, is Netflix now working for you again following the email?

Rob

DanB3
On our wavelength

No Rob. The email was telling me you’ve cancelled it. Please let me know when you retake on the responsibility of paying for it, as per my contract with you. As things stand you are in breach of our contract. I look forward to a swift resolution, including compensation for the £10.99 Netflix has personally charged me this month.  Hope this make sense.  

DanB3
On our wavelength

This is now getting absurd. I spoke to someone at Virgin today who has no idea. I then spoke to Netflix who said they tried collecting the payment from Virgin and it failed, so they billed me instead. They have refunded me but I’ve had to cancel Netflix and resign up via Virgin set top box…… and guess what… that’s not working. It’s trying to charge to my credit card with seemingly no idea that I pay for Netflix via Virgin even though the Virgin person I spoke to today said it is active on my account. 

can someone please sort this out. 

as it stands I have no Netflix but am paying Virgin for it. 

Shambolic.  

cannot wait to leave this shower.