Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media showing on credit report after leaving.

Can someone from Virgin Media with a brain please help me as I have tried the livechat to no avail and keep getting the same silly responses that are just nonsense.

I ended my account with Virgin Media on the 4th of September. I was fully up to date on payments and have actually received just over £1 in refund from Virgin Media. 

I returned my equipment and had Virgin Media confirm they had received this.

Despite the above Virgin Media are showing as active on my credit report and show that I owe £37. This is completely incorrect and is negatively impacting my credit score so I want Virgin Media to correct this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media showing on credit report after leaving.

I Stopped being a customer of Virgin Media on the 31st of August 2020 and have received a small refund upon account closure however my credit report shows incorrectly that I owe £37 to virgin media. Please can this be corrected as this is negatively impacting my credit score when Virgin Media are at fault and not myself.

You
 at 12:09, Oct 26:
account number ****** Account holder name Mr *******

Shailani
 at 15:11, Oct 26:

Hello there😊
Thanks for contacting virgin media you're through to Shailani .
I can assure you that you are through to right person and I will try my best to resolve your query
As I can see you have contacted us in regards to your account
Is that correct?
You
 at 15:12, Oct 26:
Well yes and no I've contacted you as my credit score shows that I still owe Virgin media money but you gave me a refund when my services ended so I want this correcting with Equifax

Shailani
 at 15:13, Oct 26:

We can certainly help you today, before we continue can you please confirm:
**Your Account Number
**Your Full Name
**Are you the Account Holder?
You
 at 15:13, Oct 26:
I have gave that above in the chat account number ******* Account holder name Mr ***** I am the account holder

Please see the photo attached showing a screenshot from my credit report showing that Virgin media are claiming my account is still active and still owes £37 which is incorrect.

Shailani
 at 15:17, Oct 26:

May I take the 1st , 3rd and 5t6h characters of the secure password please?
The password I require is the one you quote whenever you call to speak to our team and not the password you use to access and view your bills or online account. I will send you a secure form to enter these details.

Shailani has sent you a Secure Form: [Cable] Security answer request

The following Secure Form has been submitted: [Cable] Security answer request

Thanks, that's correct.
You
 at 15:21, Oct 26:
okay?

Shailani
 at 15:29, Oct 26:

Thank you for your time and patience. As I see your account got disconnected on 4/09/2020 and it is current which suppose to be paid by you before collect your devices. However it adjustment of your bills .
You
 at 15:30, Oct 26:
That doesn't even read as English can you please rephrase

I have cleared all of my bills with virgin media and have even been sent a small refund of just over £1 so there should be nothing on my credit report to show that I owe virgin media any money

Shailani
 at 15:34, Oct 26:

I am really sorry for inconvenience as i would like to inform you that your account has been cancelled on 4/9/2020 and it is all adjustment of your bill
After your final bill £1.00 credit has been generated on your account ..
You
 at 15:35, Oct 26:
Yes that is correct so my question to you is why does my credit report show Virgin Media as active and as me owing £37 which was last updated in October 2020. Please read my question and answer my question without repeating what I already know.

Shailani
 at 15:35, Oct 26:

May i know have you returned devices?
You
 at 15:36, Oct 26:
Yes and I have already provided evidence to virgin media and this has all been settled.

Shailani
 at 15:39, Oct 26:

Just to let you know I am still here. I am looking into your request and will be back with you soon.
You
 at 15:39, Oct 26:
Thank you

Shailani
 at 15:47, Oct 26:

Thank you for your time and patience and sorry for inconvenience as I see £37.00 was settlement of your bill and £1.00 credit has been generated on your account..
However it is showing on your account £37.00 adjustment of final bill.
You
 at 15:48, Oct 26:
What does that even mean? I don't owe a damn penny to Virgin Media

Shailani
 at 15:49, Oct 26:

As £37.00 is not a credit on your account it is settlement of your final bill. And you have £1.00 credit on your virgin media account.

-------

Can you please get someone with some common sense to reply as these webchat agents are just useless....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Liamde92

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that that is a default showing on your credit file since you  have left our family. I have located your account from here and in order to chat freely about  your bills and get things sorted out, I'll need to pop you a Private Message so we can go through security with you. 

Please look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks so much for your Private Messages @Liamde92 and we do appreciate your patience whilst we get this sorted out for you. 

As mentioned in my reply, please feel free to keep us updated of any changes at your end if possible and we can escalate further if needed. 

Cheers - stay safe

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide