Menu
jonlevers92
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media on my Credit Report

Oh boy where the hell do I start with this one. it is fair to say that I'm no longer a Virgin customer. I went through a very difficult break up and had to sell my house old promptly and therefore close down my Virgin account.

The account was all closed down with the fees paid to date and yet still it is showing on my current credit score. so in spite of closing the account down in 2018, September to be precise.  I am living out of rented accommodation and now looking to purchase my own home however virgin are not letting me do this

. I have emailed on 6 separate occasions the credit report team at Virgin to remove their footprint from my credit score. Since I closed the account down in September 2018 every month to date shows that I have made late payments. In actual fact I have made no further payments since September 2018. 

it is clear to me that the Virgin credit report team can not rectify the situation nor can Equifax take this on themselves as they direct you back to Virgin media. this is an endless vicious cycle and all I want is for Virgin to be removed from my credit report and corrected backdating to the date I close the account. 

Please version once and for all can you remove your footprint from my account

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media on my Credit Report

You need to send the following details to the email:

Name

Account Holders Name

Full Address where you had the services

A photo or screenshot showing the Virgin error on your credit file

Contact details for yourself

creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

They take 28 days for a reply, sending multiple emails to them only slows the system and process down so if you have already wrote to them then wait.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media on my Credit Report

Hi jonlevers92, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm really sorry to hear that there is still an ongoing mark on your credit file from us, and it sounds like you've done everything required of you.

Shafreya has given you the correct information although it sounds like you've already tried that route. I'd like to take a closer look at your former account, to see what I can do to help so I'm going to pop you a private message.

Thanks 

Melissa 

0 Kudos