cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media not honouring contract price

simon_d_71
Tuning in

On 23rd May I spoke to Virgin Media to negotiate a new contract price, as my current contract was coming to an end,(it was an Ultimate Volt bundle at £85 p/month). The person I spoke to said she could reduce the price to just over £100 but if I went to the website there may be different offers available to me - I did this via the Upgrades and Offers link and after submitting the form I was given a monthly price of £85 for another 18 months

I received a new contract and confirmation of order via email on 23rd May, so have written confirmation of my new price/package. However, when I look at my contracts on the Virgin Media website the latest one is not listed in the options - looks like some internal system problem at Virgin has not applied the new contract.

I assumed that my latest bill, which I received 2 days ago, would adjust the amount to take into account that I was carrying on with an £85 per month package. But, the latest bill is for £157.50! Have just spoken to Virgin Media who said they could get the monthly payment down to £87.99, which I was happy to proceed with as it included a slightly faster broadband speed BUT was then told that the discount code being applied would not be accepted by their system and I would need to pay £112 per month.   

At this point I reiterated to the Virgin Media customer adviser that I have a written contract from them for £85 and at the top it says "This contract summary provides the main elements of this service offer as required by Ofcom. It helps to make a comparison between service offers. Complete information about the service is provided in other documents."

The Virgin Media advisor then decided to hang up on me as I again pointed out the fact that the written contract I have been sent is for 18 months at £85, and whilst I was happy with £87.99, I am not prepared to pay £112 per month.

My next course of action will be to raise a formal complaint and then to look at the options available to me via Ofcom.

Any thoughts on this would be very welcome.

6 REPLIES 6

simon_d_71
Tuning in

One thing I forgot to mention in the above post is that I have also received a Contract Summary and a Contract Information Sheet for the £87.99 monthly price that was offered to me today - but then could not be processed on Virgin Media's internal system due to the rejected discount code 🙄

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @simon_d_71, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the issues with the pricing of the services, and the poor customer experience you've endured thus far.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll look into this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I’m in the same boat I spoke to Paul at virgin who also setup the £85 deal but I would have to phone o2 to get the £25 sim. He said he sent it off to head office to be verified last week, my contract still says £144 per month, an £84 discount should be applied not accounting for the sim. I am a new customer but I just took the broadband out at first then phoned to get the upgraded deal.

Hi @cor_jade,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that there appears to be some kind of issue with your current package. Would you mind expanding on the situation and what's happened?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

IMG_1186.png

i spoke to them by chat a short time ago, i was worried as i am 12 days into the 14 day cooling off period.

ive screenshot the deal and what they said so i hope thats enough! will be checking my account again tomorrow

Hi @cor_jade,

Would you mind expanding on the situation and what's happened?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!