cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media messing us about with contracts

Wonderman2
Tuning in

So we struggled to get a contract set up last week, with constant disconnections, people not phoning back, obvious lies and what not but we finally set up a contract... 2 of them because the first contract was tampered with after agreement.

We was after the volt ultimate bundle

Our wants:

• Volt ultimate bundle package which includes
  • 1 box + 1 additional 
  • 1 gig download
  • sky sports hd, sky cinema, bt sport
  • netflix
  • anytime chatter
  • o2 sim, as this is required for volt

We also wanted to buy an extra tv box, we need 3 total and the volt ultimate bundle only comes with 2 boxes.

We spent ages setting this up and finally got somewhere with someone on the phone, they didn't manage to take our billing details but went on hold for a minute and within 5 seconds the phoneline went dead and they did not call us back, this had happened 2 or 3 times before, so at this point i was furious.

We phoned up again, got through to someone and i explained we wanted this exact package, he said he would setup a package and see the cost, we got to finalize the details, took our billing details and he said he still had stuff to do on his end so he would end the call but if there was any issues we would receive a phonecall, otherwise we would receive an email if all goes well. He randomly ensured us that the price will 100% NOT CHANGE, which we never even considered since we already went over the contract and agreed before this to be paying £124.xx (I think it was £124.75)

We received the o2 email for the sim straight away but the email for the virgin contract came the day after and the price was miles off the agreed, it was suppose to be around £124, but the contract had it stated for £188.05, it was also missing a few of the agreed options for the package.

We will call this contract, Contract scam. 

Contract scam is still on our account and listed to start on March 6th 2023 for 18 months.

I phoned the next day on Sunday 5th February and got put through to someone after a while who then apologized and built us the volt package we wanted, AGAIN, this time he actually sent us the contract whilst on the phone and also said we would pay less for the inconvenience, The bill for this contract would be: £86.75 + £25 for o2 sim = £111.75

This contract shows on our account and is the contract we want to be on as this is the agreed price and the package is exactly as we agreed on over the phone, this contract starts in March 7th 2023 for 18 months.

We will refer to this contract as: Contract correct

The issue is we have two contracts on our account with one starting on the 6th and one starting on the 7th, the 6th is the SCAM contract and would start 1 day before the correct contract which starts on the 7th.

We want the wrong contract removed from the account but Virgin Media keep telling us they can't see it and to just ignore it. That does not sound like a good idea considering it's clearly under contracts to start on my account and would start before the one we want, binding us to 18 months of a wrongly priced package, with not all the things we want in the package.

We want the contract that is starting March 7th for £86.75 (Listed on the contract) - O2 is separate?

We DO NOT want the contract starting on March 6th for £188.05

We DO only want to be on ONE contract, as expected.

12 REPLIES 12

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for any issues faced Wonderman2,

This can happen if the original contract is adjusted, do pop back up tomorrow if the account states the incorrect date as all should be correct from now.

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain,

in the early morning our broadband went down and came back up with the upgraded speeds volt 1 gig provides.

However, on my account both contracts for March 6th (Wrong one) and March 7th (Correct one) are both in an accepted status and when i click "My package" it shwos my old package still.

When will this be fixed?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

That would appear to mean that the contract would've began today given the reboot in the morning.

However to investigate further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain