cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media mess - NTL account active, cancellation in progress. Please help

therealisation
Joining in

Hi all,

We've been with Virgin coming close to 2 decades, so long that we still have our NTL email attached to the account!. We've been paying over the odds, for the last decade on the same contract. I called Virgin earlier this month to try and negotiate a better deal, however even after being with them so long, the staff member on the phone did not seem too bothered I was leaving and could not offer me anything comparable to competitors, so I put in my cancellation. It's a shame really, I really liked being with Virgin (hence being with them since the NTL days). Cancellation is on 30th April.

Here are my issues (I'll list below) . My Virgin online billing account has my ancient NTL world email address attached to it (which I can't access). Now, I remember the password for this, so I can log in to see all my bills ect, but no mailbox access. We normally only did things by post, and paid bills by telephone or logging into the billing account. I'd like to access this NTL mailbox if possible.

1. Since I called about the disconnection, and given the date of the 30th April - There has been ZERO indications that a cancellation is going though. My Virgin media has no mention of this, and no letters saying about the cancellation. We did however get a text on the day I put it through.

2. I can't log into the NTL email address, so I have no clue if Virgin have been emailing me, nor can I see any billing emails, or anything relating to the cancellation in writing - Are Virgin meant to be emailing cancellation details?

3. The woman on the phone (when I called to cancel) said that the disconnection date is 30th April, and the Final bill will be on 10th May totalling £125.13, which I'll be refunded £61.69 HOWEVER today I got a new bill for the period of 30th April -29th May. How is this correct, when the disconnection is on 30th April? I think there is a fault with the billing.

Being with Virgin so long, I thought they'd be able to offer me a good deal, but on top of this, all this mess has also put me off.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can please look into this for me 

1 REPLY 1

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @therealisation 👋 Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you will be leaving us due to the team not being able to find a deal you are happy with, we will be sad to see you leave 😔 

I will certainly be happy to take a look at the billing and email issues you've had since putting in your 30 days notice, I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules