cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media keep closing my complaints!!

Yokomoko
On our wavelength

I raised a complaint back in August regarding my re-contract going terribly, terribly wrong (And is still terribly, terribly wrong now!). A day later it was marked as "Resolved" without my consent so I contacted Virgin Media again who then assured me that the complaint was again re-opened. 

I was informed yesterday that the complaint was still marked as resolved, and today I spoke to Virgin Media again and they said the original complaint could not be re-opened but they can open a new one, I agreed on the condition that the complaint was immediately deadlocked, which I re-iterated several times, they assured me that their manager would process the deadlock when they are available. 

A few hours later, they have once again marked that complaint as resolved. I'm at a loss at to what to do now, I've raised a complaint with the ombudsman but with Virgin Media being so goddamn obstructive with the complaints process, I'm unsure whether they'll be able to help either. What the hell is going on? 

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

More than 8-weeks have passed since the complaint was raised so there is no need to have a deadlock letter to proceed to the next step.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

spell
Knows their stuff

Ensuring you update with VMs latest conduct

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I've raised a complaint with the ombudsman but with Virgin Media being so goddamn obstructive with the complaints process, I'm unsure whether they'll be able to help either.

If you've properly explained your case, CISAS will be able to help.  CISAS will notify VM and ask for all relevant records.  VM have a last chance to offer a solution, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  As a broad rule it's best to reject any last chance VM offer and let the adjudicator investigate, since that's the purpose of CISAS.  An adjudication finding will be offered to you by CISAS, if you accept that, then it is binding on VM.  If you don't accept it you can use the courts.  On the assumption you accept it, VM have a period to comply.  If they don't comply, then that would put VM in breach of Ofcom's General Conditions of Entitlement.  VM were warned about this by the regulator last year, so if they get caught ignoring CISAS again, they'll likely face an investigation and fine (from a company point of view the investigation is much more troubling than the fine).  And in the unlikely even they start ignoring CISAS adjudications again, then you use the adjudication as evidence in an on-line court claim, which is quick and easy.  Citizens Advice can help if you end up needing to go down this route.  

What the hell is going on? 

World class incompetence.  Poor processes.  Poor systems.  Employment of offshore imbeciles.  Staff who don't care.  Management who don't care.  Executives who really don't care.  The company has a Latin motto of "Ubi mos muneris mori", which means "Where customer service comes to die".  Ofcom also have their small share of blame, as the chocolate teapot of regulators.  You should still let Ofcom know how you feel - keep it short and to the point as Ofcom don't investigate individual complaints.

Keep an eye open for Ofcom's latest available industry complaint data that's published tomorrow.  It'll be interesting to see whether VM have dragged themselves up from the miserable fourth quartile position they held in every category last time this was published.

Edit: And just to mention that once a complaint is with CISAS, VM staff are not supposed to do anything in regard of the complaint.  So the forum staff will be unable to comment or take action.  Normally they are a tiny beacon of light in VM's dark, cold, uncaring Multiverse of Incompetence. 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Yokomoko,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you are needing help with your conmplaint.

Can you please elaborate on what you need help with please.

Gareth_L