Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media in my area, when?

My contract just finished with my current ISP and Virgin Media is currently just laid cable in my street and around my area (postcode HX2 8PY) as I asked the work men what they was doing and they confirmed it was laying the cables for VM, I've tried to find out online when VM would be available but can't find any info. So I'm just wanting to know a rough timeline for when VM will be available because if its not going to be soonish I can then get a new broadband deal with my old ISP.

Thanks for any info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media in my area, when?

All you are looking at is the 1st stage of the build. There may be weeks or even months of work between you & the network headend, & at the headend itself. The larger the area being cabled in one go the longer it is liable to take.

Some posters on here had the build a year ago & still have not got a service.

Even the staff on here will be unlikely to give any further idea. Just wait for a knock on the door or a mailing coming through.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media in my area, when?

According to http://streetworks.org.uk/ all the work in my area is set to finish on or around the 13th of this month and the area isn't that big also most the areas surrounding me already have VM so I thought it might be soon.

0 Kudos