Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media in my area - please

Hi all,

I am completely out of options. I am a web developer and graphic designer who runs an agency with my brother from home. We have meetings over Google Hangouts and we like to game over the weekend. Our new address doesn't have Virgin Broadband, so we chose to go with Sky. We have between 6 - 10 crashes every day, many times during our business meetings. It comes across as unprofessional. 6 Openreach engineers later, and the problem still has not been fixed. Both Sky and Openreach are pointing fingers at each other saying that now it's the other company's problem. We are out of options. In our old flat, just the next street over, we had Virgin. It was fast and most importantly stable. Sadly we don't have Virgin available to our address. Could someone from Virgin please help us? We would really like to use your services - my landlord is on board, too. I am even willing to pay privately to have Virgin broadband in my building. My business relies on a stable and strong broadband connection, and I am losing hair over this. I have video taped every time my Sky crashes - 6 times in one hour tonight.

Virgin, if you could please help us out.

Best,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media in my area - please

Hi  Andrewe1997, welcome to our forums and thanks for posting. 

It sounds like you are having a bit of a nightmare, we would love to help out. You have a couple of options. As you have stated that our residential services are not available yet in your area and you can register your interest online here. Or give our sales team a call on 0800 183 1234. 

As you have stated that you run your business from home your best option maybe to have a word with VM Business as they may be able to run a dedicated line to your property. They can be contacted on 0800 052 0800. 

Hope this helps and let us know if you manage to get anything sorted. 

^Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

The dedicated line cost £199, a price we cannot afford to dish out on broadband. The Business Broadband Packages (https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/connectivity/internet-access/business-broadband/) are more in our price range. Is it possible to get one of these? Specifically Voom Fibre 3.

We really do need the stable broadband. Sky continues to fail us, crashes up to 10 times a day. We are desperate for a solution.

Many thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrewe1997

Thanks for getting back to us. If you click on the link provided you can reach the business sales team on 08000521135. I am afraid that we handle residential queries and would nopt be able to advise further on the business service. If you would like to discuss your options please give them a call. 

Alternately you can call the residential sales team on 0800 183 1234. 

^Chris. 

0 Kudos