cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media, how to cancel when they won't answer the phone

smecrp
Just joined

I have tried and tried ringing the cancellation phone number and it just says they are busy and it hangs up.

I filed a complaint, which they claimed was resolved as they supposedly phoned me but I didn't answer. Except I received no phone call and there is no log of a missed call from anyone.

I have cancelled the direct debit and they are continuing to mount up this bill that I owe them because I am unable to bloody cancel the thing.

Can someone tell me how I'm supposed to cancel my virgin subscription? I don't even use it.

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Easiest option would have been to cancel by post using recorded delivery.

However, since you've cancelled the DD, but hadn't served notice the contract is still in place, you've created yourself a problem of a defaulted payment under a credit agreement.  Sorting that out is going to mean you need to talk to VM, unfortunately, so I suggest getting on the phone at something like 8:00am tomorrow, and trying to get through and get the matter resolved.  If it continues to fester you'll find that it starts to increase from unpaid bills, late payment surcharges, debt collection agency fees and you will have real problems.   

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi smecrp

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry you wish to cancel. You'll need to call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or write to us here - Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill