cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media have Damaged my Credit Score

dmcmorris92
Joining in

Dear Virgin Media,

I have contacted you earlier today with reference to the ‘missed payment’ which has been added to my credit file.

Since my previous three emails (all with no response) I have tried to speak with your ‘customer care team’ and was advised that the only way to contact the relevant department is via email, hence my fourth communique with yourselves. 

To cover the situation briefly I contacted yourselves to cancel my agreement as I relocated and my new address is not able to have virgin media connected, therefore I was advised providing I sent proof of the new address and returned the hardware I would not be charged the £150 cancellation charges. I followed your instructions and you did not uphold your end of the bargain. I was then sent a debt collectors email demanding payment, which caused significant stress given that I have never encountered any form of debt collection and considering this payment was never actually owed I was extremely angry and upset to be told I owed this sum when in fact this was an error on Virgin Media’s part. I sent an email of complaint ref. C-190722372 and the money was eventually returned to myself which in itself took a significant amount of time to be actioned, however given that it was eventually resolved I took this sign that the matter could be closed. 

However I have since checked my credit score and noticed that this charge has been put onto my credit file as a missed payment! I am absolutely appalled to see that an error on your part has resulted in my credit file being affected and potentially this can have such a large impact on my future credit given that I have been a loyal customer to yourselves and would never jeopardies my credit profile by missing a payment or submitting a late payment. Therefore I am writing this subsequent email as a formal complaint to yourselves to escalate this as a matter of urgency. I require you to contact the relevant credit agencies to have this removed from my credit file ASAP. I request that you come back to me within the next 24 hours, prior to the bank holiday weekend to get this resolved or at least advise that you have taken action / steps to bring the matter to a close. 

Please someone from Virgin Media make contact with me on this forum within this time to advise receipt of this email and to advise of the progress, failing that I will have no alternative to look into actions that can be taken to resolve this matter and will be seeking legal advice to ensure that this matter is closed in the timeliest of manners. 

Regards 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dmcmorris92 

Sorry to see the problems you are having which are not of your own making.

You haven't said where you sent the email to, but the address, in case you need it is

creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk 

It generally take up to 28 days for them to look into, update and remedy anything they have done to affect your credit rating.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If the previous complaint has not in fact resolved the matter, then you should escalate the matter to the industry complaints adjudicator CISAS.  In order to do that, the original complaint needs to either have been raised eight weeks ago or more, or if less than that you can reply to the VM "resolution" rejecting it and asking for a deadlock letter.  Then search for CISAS, read their customer guidance, and ask them to sort it all out (and to pay compensation).   

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dmcmorris92, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of what has happened with the termination fees and the impact this error has had on your credit file. 

Can you please confirm if you have reached our to the Credit File Amendments team on the email address provided by newapollo (thank you)?
If you forward your details to the team, they will be able to review the activity on your account and request for any errors logged on your credit file to be removed within 30 days. 

Please let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi,

I can confirm that i have been contacted by a member of the Virgin Media executive team and they have put steps in place to resolve this issue with the credit brokers. It can take up to 30 days for it to be removed off the credit file so i am monitoring it. Thanks for all your help.

David

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's great to hear - thank you for letting us know, David. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.