Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media has issued a bill for a period after my contract is no longer valid

Hi,

I phoned Virgin Media at the beginning of April to request cancellation of my contract. They reassured me it had all been done and my contract would end on the 1 of May (today).

To my surprise, today I got an email from Virgin Media saying that my bill was ready, the bill is meant to be covering the period 06 May - 05 June so after my contract has ended.

Please advice on how to proceed as I do *NOT* want this money to be taken from my Direct Debit on the 18 of May and for me to have to be chasing a refund for ages. I have also relocated to a different country which means if they decide to send a refund via a cheque I won't be able to receive it.

Tempted to cancel the direct debit honestly but I know this can lead to issues if they decide to put me in some sort of dodgy credit record list.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media has issued a bill for a period after my contract is no longer valid

This is normal incase you cancelled the cancellation so everything about the account continues as normal.

Providing your end date is today, your services would cut off tonight and the billing etc is cancelled. You then get a final bill a few days later which has any outstanding charges or credits on it. Any credits owed to you will be sent via cheque with a roughly 45 day wait.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media has issued a bill for a period after my contract is no longer valid

Thanks for your reply. I do not want a cheque because I no longer live on that address and in fact I have moved abroad. How do I make sure I get credited via Direct Debit?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi brafales

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for the billing confusion but happy to help clear things up for you.

We do bill in advance so the final bill received maybe for a period of time without having an account with us. 

A final statement however, is then produced a few days after disconnection. This has on it any pro rata credits you're owed and this would then be sent out via cheque refund 35 days after the account has disconnected.

Kind regards,

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am no longer living in the UK. I won't be able to cash in a cheque. To what address are you going to send it? This is absolutely ridiculous, that's why Direct Debit exists, why cannot it be refunded to the Direct Debit?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We don't have the option to refund via direct debit I'm afraid. 

Is there anyone in the UK we can send it to for you, such as a friend/family member etc?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it can be sent to someone else. How can I send this information to you? I tried phoning this afternoon and the call was disconnected after 30 minutes of waiting.

0 Kudos