Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media has NOT prepared for COVID-19.

Unfortunately the VM did not take enough action and ignored this virus, now it has ceased to cope with the number of people calling or trying to get in touch with them, even got to close the CHAT, I think this is a lesson to learn for them, it is true that no one has yet encountered such a pandemic, I can not know if the other providers have the same problems, but as seen the VM for CS has focused on INDIA where there is now a big collapse .
I think the VM had to prepare since COVID19 appeared in Europe.
Unfortunately my offer expired with them and now I can not contact them to make me an offer, the offer they made available to me does not excite me too much.
I'm disappointed!
Excuse my English.

#StayHome #StaySafe

"Don't leave tomorrow what you can do today"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media has NOT prepared for COVID-19.

You are not the only one that saw this coming. But the fact is if a business can perceive a way of saving money it will. VM is driven by an American company, & if you look at the resistance being put up by some American states to introducing Covid restrictions “because it will wreck our economy” you can see the mentality we are dealing with.

So we now have a mass recruitment drive to get 500 new call centre staff & plug the hole.

The ironic thing is when you look at the independent surveys, it is the providers with UK call centres that come out worst on the customer service front, & VM have actually improved their position since they started offshoring.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think they preventing customers from cancelling and downgrading because it will be huge loss of revenue for VM. I need to downgrade to just broadband  because I am now unemployed and cant afford it. If I cant pay, they gona cut me off? Because I cant get through to them to make changes. Hardly fair in the current circumstances. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I know it's a business, and VM is a big business, and that's why you had to expect the worst and prepare this battleground maybe even when COVID entered the UK.

Customers are the most important for any company, even if you sometimes operate at zero or even loss, however, almost all companies go to loss at the moment.

VM, as far as I know, went on a loss until it developed the entire network in the UK, and has resisted the market.

But I think we can only give us opinions because we don't know what's going on at the top of the company.

But my opinion is that any company takes care of its customers!

#StayHome #StaySafe

"Don't leave tomorrow what you can do today"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

You are not the only one that saw this coming. But the fact is if a business can perceive a way of saving money it will. VM is driven by an American company, & if you look at the resistance being put up by some American states to introducing Covid restrictions “because it will wreck our economy” you can see the mentality we are dealing with.

So we now have a mass recruitment drive to get 500 new call centre staff & plug the hole.

The ironic thing is when you look at the independent surveys, it is the providers with UK call centres that come out worst on the customer service front, & VM have actually improved their position since they started offshoring.

I struggle to believe that when VM's offshore support is so notoriously bad and VM are generating an above average number of complaints to Ofcom in every sector (Pay TV, Broadband, Mobile, Landline).

0 Kudos