Menu
Superfast
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media customer Services experience? is it just me?

I've happily been reading that a number customers have found an amicable solution when resolving their contract price, however it's not panned out like that for me.  I called VM earlier today to cancel my contract, as it had increased by over £30 a month, this month due to a combination of price increases and contract expiring.  Anyway after spending 40+minutes on hold, being disconnected a number of times, i eventually got through to a pleasant enough chap in the far east, who rather than let me cancel, suggested i speak with the rententions team. I was somewhat suprised to learn there was very little they could offer?  I couldnt have a similar bundle to those advertised on the website (new customers only), changing my package made very little difference to the price either? I was open to dropping speed on the broadband, lowering my telephony, paying the line rental upfront and changing the TV package but seemed it made very little difference and if im honest the CS representive didnt seem all that bothered?

So after 25 years of having the same account, i say goodbye to my blueyonder email addresses 😞 and goodbye to my V6 box etc etc.   It seems loyalty is trumped by those that are willing to churn from one company to another nowadays.  whats the world coming too.

Speaking of which, ive set up a new outlook email, does anyone know if virgin webmail has an automatic reply system so i can leave my new email details?

________________________________________________________________________________

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star.

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media customer Services experience? is it just me?

Having just recieved my cancelation email, it seems theyve cancelled everything except the line rental. Woohoo another call to 150 in the morning....
________________________________________________________________________________

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Gethsemane wrote:

Speaking of which, ive set up a new outlook email, does anyone know if virgin webmail has an automatic reply system so i can leave my new email details?

See Set an out of office notification but I would caution against using it because more than likely it will disclose your new email address details to some miscreant.

There is a 90 day grace period during which you can still access your email address using an email client. Use that time to update those still corresponding with your Virgin Media email address of your new email address. After 90 days do make sure that Virgin Media delete your email address to avoid the possibility of it being exploited later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gethsemane, 

Thank you for your post. 

I don't want to waste any more of your time here, can I just confirm, are you keeping your number or disconnecting everything? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Ryan,

I spoke with customer services earlier and they quickly cancelled the additional service. The gentlemen even said, 'sorry to see you leave, i cant believe no one tried to keep you''

regards

Gethsemane

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

ive now discovered my landline is alrdy disconnected? wow that was alittle to quick. I forsee another call to customer services. not virgin media finest moment...

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Gethsemane,

Sorry to hear that your phone line has been disconnected without the 30 notice period. Are you seeking to port the number to your new provider?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello David,

After a further couple of hours on the phone with both Customer services and your telephony fault team. Customer services have now admitted they 'accidentally' disconnected the line before the 30days, they've apologised and have raised a ticket to reconnect the line, I  should expect a callback with 24hrs. Not the best end to a relationship, im sure you'ld agree...

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for advising me of this Gethsemane,

Yes, it's far from the ideal level of service we'd like to provide.

Kindest regards

David 

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That at least something we can both agree on.

regards

Gethsemane

Smiley Happy