cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media asking for exactly 30 days notice

gurpswu
Dialled in

My contracts ends on the 3rd of July.

I called up today, 1st june,  and have attempted to give them more than 30 days notice of my intention to cancel my virgin media contract and have my services stop on the 3rd july.

they instead ignored me and have said they will not accept more than 30 days notice, and that i must call back on on the 3rd of june to cancel.

is this true?

20 REPLIES 20

gurpswu
Dialled in

Have just confirmed it's not true from the terms and conditions here: https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions

why are your customer service staff so clueless? why after so many people having the same issue as me(found other posts on this forum) have your staff not been educated?

why is it so infuriating dealing with you every single time i have to?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gurpswu,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some issues with putting your disconnection request through. I am very sorry that the call agent was unwilling to put the disconnection date to what you had requested, which was more than the 30 days that we require. 

Unfortunately, we're unable to process package changes or disconnections on this platform and in order to have this issue resolved, we would suggest that you contact our cancellation team directly on 150/ 03454541111 - option 1, option 4, and option 4 again. You can also message our team on WhatsApp on 07305327112 or write to us to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR4 9EN. 

You can read more about our Cancellation Process on our website for more information. 

Please let us know if you need any further help or support going forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

so you want me to call the same people I called yesterday, who refused to accept my notice?

If you can actually log in and find the complaints section. Raise it as a formal complaint and give them notice. Then cancel direct debit and inform them you’ve cancelled that. Be polite and request a full and final bill that’s accurate and when you receive that you will pay and return any equipment they want. You then have a tracked notification of cancellation. 

virgin media is beyond incompetent with their customer services.

Oh and take a screen shot of the complaint as you submit it as they often don’t bother to send the email confirmation. That way you get the complaint reference number…. Not that it bears any weight with their incompetence!!!

@gurpswu as you have already discovered, no, what you were told simply isn't true at all, now a cynical person might think that the outsourced call centre workers are 'incentivised' by their managers to say such things in the hope that the customer either forgets or can't get through on the right day and so ends up paying at least another month's worth of fee! Personally I tend to veer towards the lack of training and incompetence of the setup rather than any deliberate malice.

However do call back, you will find that the call centre staff are of, shall we say, dubious consistency as regard to actually knowing how this stuff works, so there is a chance you will get through to someone who actually knows what they are doing. Ordinarily, we would suggest calling at just after 8am when there is a better chance of getting to a UK based person - probably not likely to happen this weekend!

Lastly, whatever happens absolutely DO NOT cancel the direct debit - one part of VM's operation which isn't useless, is their accounting and billing department, miss a payment and they won't call you to discuss but rather put a black mark against your record, cheerfully trash your credit rating and hand the whole thing over to debt collectors faster than you can say 'ultimate oomph'

Sadly @gurpswu, we're not in a position to cancel services over our Community Forums and this would need to you to give our team a call and advise them of your desire to cancel the services, with a minimum of 30 days notice being offered.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

why would they put themselves through the pain of attempting to talk to the incompetent staff? Queuing for more than 40 minutes, getting passed person to person multiple times and having to start the situation over and over again and getting cut off half easy through the conversation. Virgin is incompetent at every level. Just put a written complaint into the incompetent complaints department. When that gets closed without resolution. Escalate to adjudication.

Hi @gurpswu thanks for getting back to us.

I am really sorry.  As my colleague has advised, we do not deal with disconnections on this team.  However, as you've raised dissatisfaction, I would like to help you raise a complaint.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R