cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media are harassing me with multiple debt collectors for their own mistake!

EmilyW123
Joining in

Upon cancellation of their services,Virgin Media failed to pick up the kit due to nation-wide lockdown. I left the country during a short lifting of the lockdown and left the kit in the rental, which they could have picked up at any time from the new tenant. They have spent the last two years hounding me with multiple debt collectors, and I have tried multiple times to communicate with the debt collectors that this was not my fault, but there is never any viable point of contact. I have tried calling Virgin Media to no success. I need them to stop emailing me several times a week without any chance to communicate with them, it is harassment! I had just had a baby, as a single mother, in a global pandemic, I tried everything I could to get the kit collected, please leave me alone. Surely it is not worth you hiring debt collectors for two years, and losing my business if I return to the UK. It is unbelievable. 

3 REPLIES 3

Omadawn
Up to speed

Emily, firstly and much more importantly than any issue with VM, how are you and your son/daughter doing (you didn’t specify)?  I’m not going to insult you by claiming that ‘I know how you feel’ etc. because I don’t and never will, but I do appreciate that being a single parent, can’t possibly be easy, especially if you have also moved abroad on the interim - I do hope that things have gone better for you.

Anyhow, hypothetically, if you were to simply ignore the emails and indeed set up some rules to automatically move them to ‘Junk’ and/or delete them before you even see them, would that not be a good idea?

You aren’t in the UK, what do you think VM are going to do? Get Interpol involved, send ‘the Feds’ round? They are actually going to do nothing at all, and if you were to come back to the UK, would you really want to be a customer of such a company?

Now, of course, if push were to come to shove, you seem to have acted in ‘good faith’, and don’t Lawyers and ‘the Law’ in general love that term? Just keep records of any and all correspondence, just in case.

Best wishes.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello EmilyW123, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of your experience and apologise for any upset caused. 

In order for us to look in to this further, I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few more details. This will be available via the red bar at the top of the page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Thank you Omadawn for taking the time to respond and help. Your thoughtfulness and compassion is such a welcome antidote to being hounded by debt collectors for years! I am reassured by your words that indeed it is not a criminal offence, thank you for that reminder. I was worried that they would fine me and keep increasing the amount if I didnt pay, but luckily that hasnt happened. I paid all my bills on time with them, and I tried, under very stressful circumstances, to get them to collect it but they wouldnt due to lockdown rules so what can i do. I wish I had found this forum earlier, thankfully someone is now looking into it so hopefully they will have some sense and stop wasting their time and money hunting me down. Thank you again. Best wishes.