Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media agreement dispute

I called Virgin Media today and was told I'm tied into a 12 month contract of around £44/month. This is incorrect as back in February I agreed with a somebody from a call centre in India to £29/month for 12 months. Their records show that the call was made but disconnected and I didn't call back. This is NOT correct as there's no way I would have agreed to pay more especially since I'm currently unemployed and cannot afford this amount. I called back a few times in March and was told that my account would be credited back to make up for the difference. I received an e-mail from Virgin Media stating this.  I've now written to the ombudsman for resolution. I wonder if anybody else has had such an awful experience ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media agreement dispute

what does your contract say and all your bills?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The contract is for £44 but I was told I will receive a credit every month for £15 so the amount I will actually be paying would be £29. I got an e-mail 

confirmation from virginmedia@virginmedia.co.uk saying the below:-

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We've applied a credit to your account, as discussed previously.

You'll be able to see this by signing into your account at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia, selecting 'My Bills' and the credited amount will be displayed below your Bill Total within 'Charges Since' and 'Adjustments'.

Although the credit has been applied it can take up to 72 hours for it to appear, so don't worry, it's on its way!

Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi sz3cv9,

Apologies for any confusion caused by this.

I'll send you over a quick pm so I can take a look at this for you.

See you there,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

connection

hi beth, 

this isn't related to my account dispute as that's been resolved. It's to do with my wife nor being able to connect her mobile phone to the router. My mobile phone connects ok. I've tried the forum but without success. I have also called VM all morning on numerous occasions, but after being on hold for over 45 mins I got cut off ! Plus i don't think online chat support is available any more. Is there anything you can suggest please ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: connection

a phone not connecting to WIFI is not really something CS via telephone can help with.
you would probably be better starting a new thread about this in the appropriate sub-forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: connection

Thank you. Sorry I will do that.
0 Kudos