Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media account username unavailable

I guess this issue comes up a lot. I need to delete my old account from my previous address so I can register my new account on my email address. As my email is registered to my old account, I cannot use it for my new account.

I called Virgin Media, and was told I would have to create a new email address to register, but I use my current email to monitor bills, so I don't want to register another email address, I wouldn't see my bills.

Is it possible to delete an account from an email address? Or remove the email address from the account so I can register my new account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media account username unavailable

Hi DanzaPanza.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

Sorry for the confusion relating the registeration. We can do what's called a Move and Transfer of the old account to the new one, which will transfer all the details.

If you wish to do this, please let me know and we can get the ball rolling.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I rejoined Virgin (installation was yesterday) and when trying to register my account it tells me the username is already in use. The username is my email address so I assume this is tied up with the previous account I had with Virgin a few years ago.

Similar to the post above is there a way to free up that username so that I can actively manage my account please?

Thanks and regards

James

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JBlissett,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back to Virgin Media.

Because email address has been linked to an online account previously you would need to set up an account using a different email address, you can get one of ours by selecting this when setting up the account, once the online account is set up you can log in and go to my preferences, there you can select to use your original email for log in and as your contact email.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos