Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Resolutions Team Phone Number Closed?

Hi,

So I made a complaint a few days ago and I had a text message yesterday saying they tried to contact me. Yet when I ring the number 0800 052 0334 it says sorry we are closed right now, please call between 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday......... Yet the text message stated different open times at 8am until 7:45pm Monday to Friday........ But yet when I try and call during the 9am to 6pm timeframe it has an automatic message that says sorry we are closed?

So what is the point in sending a text and providing me a number that does not even damn work for? Seriously this is not good what so ever. I am really not happy about this. Retentions have been dreadful too getting in touch with and dealing with, they have not been able to even offer me anything as a gesture either, hence why I made a complaint a few days ago.

My current offers are due to expire, So I was wanting to upgrade my broadband to the M500 but keep the Full House TV the same and still keep the same price I am paying now or very close to it. The best they could offer me for that was £80 but that was Maxit TV package. Which meant I lose the kids channels........ I do not watch them and do not have kids, but that is beside the point. £11 more a month is not worth it especially as it will be a new 18 month contract......... £80 is just far too much.......... When new customers are able to get much better deals. it just is not fair that old customers have to pay far more than new customers. It is just really bad customer service. I was also told that retentions can no longer give out goodwill gestures either? Is this true?

So I am really not happy that I can not get through to the resolutions team.........

Now it will take a week to get a reply from a forum team member on this forum as well..........

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Resolutions Team Phone Number Closed?

Out of interest can you give in detail what your services are?

My contracts due in 4 week I'm on the oomph package but it's going up to £139 so I want to see what I can lose

Starting with Sky Cinema and probably drop the Broadband speed back to 200 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am currently on Full House TV Bundle, a very old bundle. I get Full House TV, which is all the channels apart from sky sports and sky movies and the paid for premium ones. I also get M350 and Talk weekends and I was paying £69 per month.........

But my current package offers end soon, one that was £10 and one that was £4 so my package would then go upto £83 per month. 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi DreamRJ,

Forum Staff are unable to regrade packages.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, selct the Home Move option, then Thinking of Leaving us  to get through to the Retentions Team who can deal with your package regrade. It's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Did you read my above post? I already said I spoke to retentions numerous times. I always speak to retentions when I want to upgrade or change package or get better oiffers. I been a customer for over 20 years. I know how they work......

You really did not need to tell me this, and that is also irrelevant. I already stated that they offered me a package at a slightly higher price than my current one but Maxit TV and M500 for £80 but I said no. Hence why I am waiting for the resolutions team to contact me. But yet they failed to contact me and sent me a text telling me to ring them on the number provided 0800 052 0334 yet it says sorry we are closed! WHAT GIVES?

Why would I use a text service to contact them to change my package when I know to just call retentions and always have done so many many many times over the years. I too would give the exact same advice to others as well. I am not being patronizing but I had to actually state that this thread was not actually about the reason behind my complaint or package change or offers ending, but was down to the fact to get a response from the forum team as to why the Resolutions team phone number says Sorry We are Closed?!!?!?!?!?!?!?...

So I would greatly appreciate it if a forum team member can please look into it and see why the resolutions team phone number is closed? and why do they send text messages giving out the number and then we have no way of contacting them because the number is not working?......... Seriously hitting my head against a brick wall.........
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am aware that you called the resolutions number and the message that says sorry we are closed right now.  

I am also aware that you were "advising" Forum Staff of the  message to bring it to their attention.

I also tried that number before commenting to see if the line was actually working correctly yet.

I am also aware that you had contacted them and received what was in your mind an unsuitable offer.

I was advising of an alternative number to speak to retentions, should you wish to contact them, to ascertain if there was a better offer forthcoming.

If I were you I would take a less condescending tone to people trying to offer help and assistance.  splat.gif

And I'm pretty sure the Forum Staff can do without your sarcasm  

Now it will take a week to get a reply from a forum team member on this forum as well...... 
Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry if I came across as being condescending but that was not my intention. I appreciated your reply and help. I forgot to say thanks in the above post. I am just angry at the way I have been dealt with the last 4 days since I first tried contacting VM about this and when it all started.

So yeah just 1 thing on top of another builds up and the fact some of the retentions staff members I spoke to on Sunday and Monday was rude towards me and that was why I then went on to make a complaint etc etc. So again I apologise. I was not meaning to come across as being condescending.

To the forum team. Sorry in advance for that sarcastic remark about forum response time. I should not have said it, so my apologises in advance......

Thanks again....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

afaik retentions cannot ring out - i think they used to be able to but that stopped a long time ago so you need to keep trying the number given or go the thinking of leaving us route that i am sure you know - even thats not as good as it was as it can take you offshore which is a waste of time

only outbound can ring you and thats only happens if you give 30 days notice 

Tony
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still no reply from forum team member 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi DreamRJ,

I'm sorry you've had some difficulty in contacting the team. 

As the community have advised, this isn't something we are able to help you with from here.

The retentions team are still available if you can please continue to try the contact options given to you in this thread.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos