Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Online Application Password Query

Just over two weeks ago I made an online application for broadband, home phone and a mobile phone SIM. As part of that application I was asked to set up a password, which i did.

Yesterday, installation of my broadband and home phone was completed and my mobile phone was connected about two weeks ago. Everything is working perfectly and I am extremely pleased with the result.

BUT, and there is always a BUT!!  At various stages of setting up emails, My Virgin Media, Mobile Phone account etc, etc, I had to set up passwords for access and each time I tried to use the password from my initial application it was declined and a new one had to be set up.

So my questions are; What is the password on my initial online application for? Is it important? Do I need to keep a record of?

Many thanks.

'I used to be paranoid but now I just worry all the time'
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Online Application Password Query

Hello

That password or often called your memorable word, so if you call in it is a way of the support agent knows that they are speaking to the account holder.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wow! That was quick.

Thanks for that, it was definitely a password but I'll make sure I keep a record of it along with my other 100+ passwords!

'I used to be paranoid but now I just worry all the time'
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

They call it a password, I had to phone this morning and guess what password was setup 15 years ago for the life of me couldn't remember it, but managed to pass security and change it.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks