cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Nuisance Calls

pageyboy
On our wavelength

We have been Virgin Media customers for years. Every now and again we would get a phone call from the sales team. I didn’t mind this on occasion as who doesn’t like s a deal. Recently we have been getting harassed. It’s always from the same two numbers. These calls can be up to 3-4 times a day. When I answer, a lot of the time they hang up. If I call back I get the message that I was called today by the Virgin Media sales team.

I filled in a complaints form the other day and sent it off and spoke to someone through live chat last night. They claimed I haven’t been getting calls from the sales team. So now I am really confused. Obviously at no point have I given this “sales team” any information, but is this one of those ones that the agent I spoke to last night wasn’t accurate in their assessment, or is someone trying to scam me?

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pageyboy 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the unwanted calls. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Gurdial
Joining in

Today I have also received many calls on my mobile,  asking me to confirm my details for virgin media. When I ask the nature of the call,  they just hang up! The call is very poor quality and I struggle to understand exactly what they're saying.  I don't think that the call was from Virginia media,  but I can't be 100% sure.

Hi there @Gurdial 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having issues with nuisance calls to your phone, I can understand how frustrating these can be 😔 Are these callers calling you from any specific numbers? Also, are you registered with the Telephone Preference Service as per the information here.

If these calls are from us, it would be best to log into your online account here to update your marketing preferences to have them stopped.

Let us know if you need any further help, we're always happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hello Nathan 

These were the numbers that kept calling me yesterday:

08001836xxx and 08004089xxx 

I had to block them. I hope they weren't from Virgin media.  How can I tell when Virgin media calls me, that I am talking to the right people? Any advice would be appreciated.  I am a new customer with Virgin from the last 3 months or so.

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gurdial,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue. Our main marketing team number is 08000521251, but if you're uncomfortable answering questions from an incoming call, you can hang up and call our main number on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or on 03454541111 from any other device.

You can read more about scam calls on our Fraudulent Calls page for more information about how to deal with scam callers.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Thank you. 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs