Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Keep messing up my bill

I joined VM in September on a £27pm contract. In October I increased the speed from 100m to 200m which increased the bill to £32. In May I called and asked to be put back to the original speed of 100m and payment of £27 which they said would be no problem. In June I got a bill of £32 again so I called and waited on the phone for over an hour before being spoken to, by a really unhelpful girl who said that there was nothing in the notes that I had done this, yet the speed had been lowered back to 100m but not the price? I asked her why would I pay the same amount for a slower speed? Clearly someone lied to me or they're lying to you. I would not do that, it doesn't make any sense. After going around in circles for about 20 minutes of her repeatedly saying 'Are you going to accept £32pm? If not I'll have to put that you've refused the offer' (**bleep**), I asked to speak to a manager. 

The manager was much more helpful and assured me the price would go back to £27pm until the end of my contract in September when it would go up to £49. 

However, this month I have received a bill of £69.30 (!!!), apparently my package cost £49 and they charged me a £15 fee for changing my package. I never changed my package!!!

This is the 3rd time something has gone wrong with my bills. Is there any way to cancel my contract without paying a fee? This is getting ridiculous now. I've had to waste so much of my time rectifying these issues which were their fault in the first place! The additional stress of all this, and them trying to overcharge me during this already challenging time due to COVID is unacceptable in my opinion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Keep messing up my bill

hi there @Chark

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for posting to our wall - I am sorry that you have had so many issues with your bills and package since requesting a package change.

We do not charge for changing a package - what the £15 would be would be a pro-rate charge for changing a package mid-billing cycle. This would be clearly listed on your bill at the top (check via your online account - the coloured timeline will show this charge)

I have located your account from your forum information - in order to chat freely about your bills and the issue, I'll need to pop you a Private Message so we can go through security. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos