cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Complaints Team - Do they really exist?

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

Hi Virgin Media,

Do you actually have a complaints team? There is no telephone number, way to contact them. Whenever a complaint is raised, you close it without responding, or send a holding letter asking if I still want to complain (there is no reason for this to be part of your complaints process other than to delay the response and hopefully avoid giving one, which would be in line with my theory that there is no complaints team).

I opened my complaint last year and am still awaiting a response following having to re-open it due to it being closed as I was waiting too long for my initial response. As will all complaints, I request a Final Response Letter to be sent with your outcome, which is never adhered to.

Could someone from the complaints team please pop in and say Hi just to confirm their existence please? 

thanks,

An Unhappy Consumer

42 REPLIES 42

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in

Register your complaint (preferably via e-mail so you have a record of it, Virgin like to "lose" complaints), then go here : https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

Request every single bit of data possible, from the start of the contract until now - they are obliged to adhere to your request. 

This will likely trigger a call from the DSAR team looking to resolve the complaint with you to avoid doing the work of collating your data. Hopefully they can resolve this for you. If that doesn't occur, you can refer the complaint to CISAS after Virgin fail to adhere to the 8 week timescale, and they will likely compensate you for your inconvenience and distress.

Go here : https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

Request every single bit of data possible, from the start of the contract until now - they are obliged to adhere to your request. You can then use to as evidence if Virgin are unable to resolve the case and you need to refer it to CISAS. 

Please stop moving my messages to the megathread, this is helpful, bespoke and not spam. 

Bump up

same problem issue here . Need help

bump

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Andrew1019,

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue, just to clarify are you awaiting to receive your Data Subject Access?

Can you please confirm if you are the account holder please? If you are the account holder, I will send you a private message and once you have successfully passed data protection, we can seek to assist you with the request of a DSAR.

Best wishes,

Serena

I PM to you explaint my situation, than i got forum Unsolicited PM ? wth

Hi Andrew, 

The unsolicited PM reply was because you'd previously sent 4 PM's to people when they'd not asked you to. 

If you could expand on the issues you're having, I'd like to assist however.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

RoyBoy3
Tuning in

You were lucky you raised a complaint, I tried to go into the complaint form but was told it needed to be the account holder (even though I was in my account where they said 'Hello' to me by name).......now presently waiting on web chat for an agent (secret??) & so far it's been 35 minutes!!!!!!!

Roy

Hi RoyBoy3,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to raise a complaint and that you have had a reason to, so I can try to help, please can you expand a little on the issue you are facing?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

started when Virgin just disconnected our landline, when I phoned up about it was told 'i don't have a land line'.......anyway to cut a long story short, she told me she could get someone to set it up for me & passed me off to someone else, but after 10 minutes I got fed up with waiting & put the phone down as it wasn't my initial reason for the call anyway!

So the complaints system!?!? Tried for an hour & half, first to fill out the form (?) which I couldn't get into (told me I had to be the account holder, which is odd when I was doing it from my account page & they'd said 'hello', then waiting over an hour for an agent (?) on chat!!), pretty poor really,

my next move was to phone again but don't fancy the wait or the spiel they have to read from their sheet.........

regards

Roy