Menu
Mart280
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Account

Hi all,

I hope someone can help here or maybe one of the Virgin media forum team members would be good enough too because collections have taken the absolute mick and have not helped in anyway shape or form... Everything fell on deaf ears and they just don’t care...🥺

Anyways due to this Pandemic over the last year myself and around 30 other colleagues of mine were made redundant about 8 weeks ago so I’ve literally been living on my nerves since then, all other companies including my car finance company have been awesome with me and giving me a little breathing space, luckily I start a new job on the 10th May so hope to be getting back on my feet as soon as possible.

Let’s get to the point, my Bill normally is around £121 per month and each family member contributes towards that bill, last month I found myself to be £20 short so I spoke to customer service to advise on my situation and if it was okay to pay £101 and I’ll pay the remaining £20 on next months Bill, “Yes that’s no problem sir and I 100% assure you that there will be no service disruption or any suspension of the account” what a lie that was as on Tuesday morning the hub light was red, the landline was off and the tv service was down, now I have an 80 year old mother and an 85 year old father and the one thing that always must be connected is the landline, I had no notification that this was going to happen so at 8AM I called through and the lady I spoke to advised that all services were restricted due to the pathetic amount of £20 that was outstanding, if I owed something like £200 then yeah I can understand but £20 Virgin Media obviously like to embarrass people in this regards, I was then put through to collections and advised on my situation and the advisor I spoke to was a huge let down, she showed no empathy towards my situation or the stress and anxiety it had on my parents, she went on to say “I need a firm commitment from you that you’ll pay the remaining £20 by the 26th April or we will restrict your services again!!!” I told her that I couldn’t and did she not hear a word that I said about being made redundant and hardly any money coming in till I start my new job, again this fell on deaf ears, however services were restored for now but there has been no help or support at all and I felt the lowest ever in my life, there are two simple things here and that is those that want the services but don’t want to pay and those that want the services but due to what’s gone on this year and dealing with priority bills find that they are short by £20 and pay what they could to keep their services going.

Im sorry Virgin Media but the way you lot have treated me, feel like ripping all your equipment out and dumping it on the driveway and I’ll get BT to sort something out, I’ve been with you lot all the way back to the Telewest days when back then they knew what service and support was, so when Monday comes everything is gonna be switched off again all for a pathetic £20 from the previous Bill, but if I can get a little help here then that’ll go a long way, you just don’t turn someone’s services off without notification, what if someone at home has an accident and please people don’t say “well there are these lovely devices called mobiles...” not everyone who is elderly like my parents can use mobile phones, all these companies that claim to help during the pandemic, well fantastic job you’re doing so far... “NOT”

But seriously if someone from the forum team can help that would be awesome.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Account

Hi Mart280, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm very sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with our collections team, I'm sure that's the last thing you will need at an already difficult time.

It's my understanding that if your account is disconnected due to non-payment then our Collections team will do their best to provide helpful options. Unfortunately we cannot help with this side of things - non-pay disconnection is an automated process that can only be stopped by the Collections team directly. If you're unable to make the payment they requested when you spoke to them then it would be best to contact them at that point to see if they can help further & I'm confident they will do their best.

However, it's disappointing to hear that the member of staff you spoke to on this occasion was not more professional in handling your call and that's something we can look into further and provide feedback/take action where required.

Our escalation process is detailed here for guidance: virg.in/comcop if you need any help logging your concerns please feel free to send me a PM and I'll get back to you asap.

Tom

0 Kudos
Mart280
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply, however I feel like I’m gonna be let down again when I contact them as I said in my original post £20 is a pathetic amount to restrict services automated or not, plus no notification of this in anyways shape or form is disgusting, if it was £200 I might get that but not for £20 it’s like Virgin are a Law unto themselves it’s bad when people like myself are going through difficult times and speak to someone at an offshore contact centre sounding like she was reading from a script and not listening to the problem, if I didn’t wanna pay my Bill then I wouldn’t have made the £101 at the end of March.

My mother recently had heart surgery and has only been out of hospital a week so she was worried to death as was my father, I doubt I’m gonna get any help from the so called collections plus this shouldn’t have been sent to collections in the first place not for that tiny little amount absolutely disgusting, I’ll see how this goes along with the ridiculous wait time to get through but if not I’m gonna have to take this further all the way to the top I think along with my local MP.

0 Kudos
Mart280
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Well collections team were useless, absolutely useless, all they could do was extend till the 29th April and that’s it, even though I told them my situation and how I’ve tried to support myself whilst through no fault of my own being made redundant due to the Pandemic, I told collections would they not be able to extend till the 30th as that’s when I’ll be getting paid by my new employer, she straight out said no, so thanks Virgin Media for the most horrid experience I’ve ever had in my life all for the outstanding amount last month of £20 if I didn’t want to pay the Bill last month then I wouldn’t have but I paid what I could afford of £101 instead of £121 and it was agreed on the original call when I made that payment that there would be no interruption of service... 

Think I’ll rip all ya stuff out including the cables and go back to Sky at least they know what service and support is...

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We're terribly sorry to hear that Collections were not able to offer you a better solution @Mart280

If you're able to make the payment prior to the 29th, that would be most appreciated

In regards to cancelling the services, do please give us a call on 0345 454 1111 and select Option 4, followed by Option 5

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Mart280
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Not your fault, they should be able to help more than what they’re doing, they also need to understand that this Pandemic has changed peoples lives dramatically and not for the better where it’s left people out of work being made redundant all this for a measly £20 do you guys want my soul to go with that too...

Well of my mother ha another heart attack and the phones disconnected and I’m not at home well social media and the news I think would be very interested to learn that Virgin Media restricted the family’s services due to an overdue balance of £20 don’t know why they couldn’t wait till the 30th when I get my first pay then it’ll all be sorted, oh well a complaint has been raised been promised a call back that’ll never happen and when I get the time CEO is gonna get a nice long email from myself, talk about causing me more stress than what it’s worth, Santander who manage my car finance have been more help than you guys.😔😔😔

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We will seek to be in contact with you in regards to the complaint and I hope we can find a suitable resolution for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos