Menu
VMwastingMyTime
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media £75 Amazon Voucher eGift

Good morning

I signed up to Virgin Media in August 2020 after seeing something on MSE that said you get a £75 Amazon voucher as part of the sign up deal. It was one of those ones where you receive an eGift after 100 days, which is a bit awkward, but I went ahead anyway. I signed up, and put the date on my calendar when I expected to get the voucher. The date rolled round and the voucher did not arrive. I checked my junk emails and there was nothing in there either. I did a Google search and found this forum and a large number of people in the same position. I read the threads and saw VM Customer Service asking for evidence and trying to tell people that they should chase up sites like MSE and Compare the Market if they had not received their vouchers. I found this a bit disappointing. In my opinion, it should not fall on customers to chase things up when a well-advertised deal like this is not delivered to them as it should be. Price comparison sites, by their nature, change their websites often when deals are updated and it is therefore hard for the customer to find the original details of the deal and chase up the rewards that they should have already received.

Anyway, in my own case I received an email from Virgin Media giftcloud during the sign up process. I was quite relieved when I found this again, because I was worried about VM not entertaining any request if I could not prove the deal existed in the first place. Using advice from other threads, I tried to contact Virgin Media customer service on the phone, using the number provided for eGift issues and the like. The phone number did not ring but instead gave a prerecorded message saying that phone calls could not be made to that number. I sent a text message instead to a number provided with all the details, and a bot answered, asked me a load of questions, said it couldn't help with the query and would try and transfer me to a human advisor, asked some more questions, and then put me in a queue. I did not get a call. I then received another message from the bot the next day apologizing for keeping me waiting and asking if i still needed help with my query, I said yes and the process started again. This happened a few times. I appreciate that Virgin Media are busy, but this kind of service is not great. I didn't want to be chasing this up anyway, and having to waste more and more time trying to get it resolved makes it even worse. I have spoken to some brilliant VM Customer Service staff in the past and am hoping that this post will allow me to get through to one of them and will bring about a swift and satisfactory resolution that will finally put an end to all of this.

TLDR version: I didn't get my £75 Amazon eGift, please can you send it over to me without further delay? Thank you in advance.

Thank you if you took the time to read this. It made me sad to see other people going through the same thing and I hope that they all get sorted.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media £75 Amazon Voucher eGift

Hi VMwastingMyTime

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience as a new customer to Virgin Media, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

With the offer being made via a third party and not directly with ourselves, you would usually need to contact the company to query a missing gift. 

You had mentioned that you had received an email from Giftcloud regarding the offer, what did this advise please? 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
VMwastingMyTime
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Natalie

Thank you for your response.

The email said:

''You will receive your eGift once you have completed your booking and this purchase has been validated by Virgin Media.

Details of how to receive your gift will be sent to the email address provided after 100 days from your purchase.''

However, no details were sent to my email address.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming the information. 

Have you already contacted the third party company to confirm if the details they have for you are correct regarding receiving the email?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos