Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Help

Hi

Can someone tell me where I find and change the password for when you phone Virgin (Not the account or Mobile Password) I've just had to contact Virgin on my land line for Tech help and I couldn't give the correct password. I changed it with the Guy on the phone who said I just have to change it in my account, but I cannot see any reference to this particular password.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Help

Log in your account and from the drop-down menu, choose "My Profile", Security Details can be changed/updated on that page.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Metal Man, welcome to the community.

When a customers calls us, we ask for 3 non consecutive characters from their memorable word. If the account holder is unable to recall this, we can ask alternative security questions and the memorable word can then be re set. Is this what happened when you called today?

Once this has been manually changed by one of our team, the customer would not need to change this anywhere else as it is not used anywhere else. 

You have mentioned the advisor told you to 'change it in my account' was he referring to your online My Virgin Media account?

The password used when you contacted us by phone is to verify we are speaking to the account holder, this may be different to any password used for your online account with us. 

To clarify, you can't amend the password used to speak to us over the phone via your online account with us, you can however change the password for your online account should you wish to.

Looking forward to your response

Vikki_M

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK Thank for explaining.

While you are here is there any way to retrieve an old email I had when I first started with virgin, I have not used it in years but when trying to set as a new email account it still says Un-available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

See the reply by Vick m

It can't be done.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Vikki_M

Can't be done in online account?.

Have changed mine online before for both Broadband and Mobile accounts, as shown in picture below

Screenshot_20200219-122159.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your response,

Has the Virgin Media account ever been disconnected since that email address was previously used?

Kind Regards

Vikki_M

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@teabag wrote:

@Vikki_M

Can't be done in online account?.

Have changed mine online before for both Broadband and Mobile accounts, as shown in picture below

Screenshot_20200219-122159.png

The 'customer verification passphrase' is not necessarily the same as the security answers, unless the customer chooses to use the same word.

As Vikki_M has said the verification passphrase cannot be changed online for the My Virgin Media account, although I believe it can be done online for a virgin mobile account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I really don't know, But all of my account details except my name have changed.

I used to have an ntlworld.com email address, I believe this was active as late as 2018.

I then had several alias email address's but for some reason had problems with Virgin email and changed to Outlook.com so as to have a permanent email.

When I had this email alias I was registered with the ntl.com email, this is no longer available I also do not know which password was used.

It is a personal name email address, as I understood an unused email is dead after 6 months and it is well over a year or more.

Anytime I try to re add it as an alias it still says unavailable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I think you are not understanding my question (which has now been answered)

I was talking about the password you have when talking to virgin tech support on line.

You have to give 3 digits from the password to prove you are you.

This has now been explained.

0 Kudos