Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Broadband Cancelled but advised that further payment to be taken

I cancelled my Virgin cable broadband/phone on the 12th July, and the final day of contract is 12th August. 

I pay by Direct Debit as advance payment on the 27th of the month.  My 27th July 2019 payment covers the period until 27th August, so Virgin will owe me 2 weeks from 13th Aug to 27th Aug during when I am out of contract. 

I have just been emailed by Virgin that a further full payment is to be taken on the 27th Aug, which will be 2 weeks after my Virgin contract concludes.  I was wondering how payments can be taken from my bank account after my contract has concluded.  I am now with BT so my Virgin phone has already been unplugged, and my Virgin router has been turned off.  I never make any calls and my call balance is £0.  

Many Thanks

Vince Hayes 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Broadband Cancelled but advised that further payment to be taken

Hello vincehayes

Sorry you have had to contact us 

As we have no access to accounts on here we can only explain as best as possible 

We do bill in advance and any over payments after the disconnection date get refunded. 

Your account may well be in credit once you stop the service. 

The best thing to do is call us and ask for what pro rate is due back 

This way it can be deducted from the final bill so you are only paying up to the actual disconnection date 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos