Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Viewing my bills.

I cannot view my bills as it says I am not the main account holder. I am and always have been.

My bills have soared since March and according to the bill notice, I agreed these changes. As far as I know I have done no such thing.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Viewing my bills.

Hi Dave13131,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you're having trouble viewing your bills. I can appreciate you'd like to get logged in so you can understand what is happening.

You would need to be using the primary email address on the account to view the bills, so it sounds like you're using a secondary email address.

Have you been able to access your bills via your online account previously?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Melissa,

This is a long story, as it usually is with Virgin.

I've long known that the email I use is said to be a secondary one but never worried about it as it's never stood in the way of sorting any problems. By the way, I have no idea why I'm said to be the secondary account holder as there's never been anyone else using it, but that's another story.

Anyway, I decided to ring Virgin last week to see if anyone could sort my problem. This is how I remember it now but because it was so time consuming with four conversations in all (one of which the fella was very unhelpful and right out of order), I might be remembering it slightly wrong. The gist of it all is, essentially, correct though.

First call, a very helpful fella who offered a lower - priced package (back to what I'd been paying for a long while), but couldn't sort out the account holder business. He asked me to ring back in a day or two and try again.

Second call, another person trying to be helpful be she couldn't sort it either and asked I ring back later that day.

Third call, a fella who would not listen to me, was not interested in what I was saying and was very dismissive of me (I'm not the world's most proficient internet - related person and couldn't understand what he was telling me to do; so had to ask a couple of times what he meant). He said he'd sent me an email with instruction in of what to do. Prior to any of these calls I'd already logged on to my emails and it was working fine. Following his call I went back to email, and it was off. I had nothing except a 'Not available' or some such message. I couldn't even get to the log on page; nothing. I have no idea what he'd done because I don't see it as a coincidence.

I rang back but after 40 - odd minutes I gave up listening to that awful stuff they play you.

The following day I tried again but an answerphone message said they weren't open until Monday morning. Later that day they rang me and I could hear for sure they were open, and busy. This time I had a newer problem of course, no email. I was told what to do to correct it, but seeing as I didn't know how to I said I'd ring a friend for help. He helped and it was righted immediately.

So back to square one then - can't view my bills. But, you know what Melissa, I'm not bothering to call them again after those four days last week. It was draining.

Thanks,

Dave.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave13131,

It might be that there is another email associated with the account that was created before the one that you are using now. The email that was created first, and linked to your Virgin Media account would be the considered the primary and all others secondary. Do you recall using or creating another email address or perhaps anyone else in the household?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dear Corey,

There is another account with my name in it, but slightly different in other digits, that is said to be my main account. I have no idea where it came from; as far as I remember (but it was about 16 years ago when I first signed for emails with ntl), I didn't set it up. Certainly I haven't used it. Neither can I check the bills from that account because I don't have a password for it and I cannot answer the security questions required to re - set the password as I don't know them.

I just find it hard to understand why those at customer services I spoke to couldn't help me sort it.

Ta,

Dave.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information.

I'll pop you over a private message so we can attempt to pass security on this account with you and then take a further look.

Please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos